Jet 1236PS missing parts. Need some suggestions!

Hi Erevojoe,

I ended up using the 1003 cross slide with turcite and the 9429 compound rest bolted right onto that. Everything has been working fine for me so far!

Does it look like your compound base has enough room to extend the mounting bolt holes out by .2"? The center to center on my cross slide is 3.84 so it's a little wider than the base u used. I don't thing I can use the cross slide since this is a 10" lathe and that's a 13". I also don't want to spend that kind of cash right now. Buying the cross side and a compound assy would put way over budget. I've got to either find a replacement compound assy I can get bolted on or make a slide that will fit the base I have.

Hi Guys,

Last weekend I picked up a Jet 1236PS for $120! It's in great condition, the spindle is tight with almost no measurable play on the dial indicator, the ways don't appear to have any damage or wear and everything works fine. It doesn't have a chuck or any back plates, but no big deal, it's a later version after they change the spindle thread to 2-1/4" x 8tpi (the earlier builds were 60mm x 8tip).

The problem is that it's missing the cross slide and everything that bolts to it... Somewhat hard to use without that...

I've contacted Jet and they don't have any parts for this lathe anymore. It appears to be the same as

Do you guys know where I can get the nut for the compound slide rest for one of these types of lathes? Or the whole compound? Mine is a 12×24 from Taiwan 1986 that looks the same. The compound screw measures .567" and right hand threads. Any info at all would be greatly appreciated.

Do you mean the clamping nut with the handle on the side......your measurement indicates 9/16",probably UNC thread.....in any case,just find a nut,(or a double thickness nut) and tighten it with a spanner.....Then make your own,that s what the lathe is for.

N
Do you mean the clamping nut with the handle on the side......your measurement indicates 9/16",probably UNC thread.....in any case,just find a nut,(or a double thickness nut) and tighten it with a spanner.....Then make your own,that s what the lathe is for.
No Sir. I'm looking for a nut for the leadscrew. Maybe it would be called compound leadscrew nut. Grizzly's website calls it a leadscrew nut but I didnt want to confuse it with the leadscrew nut for the cross slide. I could turn down a piece of brass at my current skill level but I'm not sure of the thread size. On Grizzly G4002 and G9249 as well as Lantaine, they call it 15mm. Would I cut the threads with a boring tool or tap? I've never worked with any kind of ACME thread. Any information on a part or manufacturing a part would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for replying to my question.

Here are the Placards from my Jet-1024. Should be the same as the 1236.
IMG_6409.JPGIMG_3410.JPGIMG_3414.jpgIMG_3411.JPG

I have taken pics of my Jet-1236P, Ser No. 8541, Mfg. Date 8, 1980 that I will try to get to you later today. Nice work on the Restore!

Back