Jet 9" lathe .

Sorry Dave, I think I didn't communicate very good. I'm not looking for more 80/20 aluminum extrusions, I'm wondering if you have access to more exotic quick disconnect fasteners for 10 series 80/20. I think the stuff in your pictures are 15 series. 10 series like I have takes 1/4 20 hardware. I think 15 series takes 5/16".

I'll do a sweep of the drawers in a few hours C , let you know what I come up with .

Thanks Dave. I hate to ask because I know you hate 80/20, but I have probably one of the few applications where it fits the bill. I'm just struggling with the jig table I made out of the stuff is wonderful but having to jump slots is a real PIA with the t-nut setup. It's probably nothing any of your stuff does where it sounds like your stuff is just all mounted stationary and thats where it stays. My frame table made out of 80/20 stays the same but have to move my air powered jig pieces into different configurations for different forming jobs and jumping to the next over slot is not very easy. I was hoping for some kind of slicker setup but it also seems like 10 series with it 1/4" hardware might not be all that popular. You are the only other person I've ever run into who knows anything about 80/20.

I don't hate it by any means . I feel it shouldn't be used for production type equipment where accuracy is needed . It's quick and easy to set up , but also quick and easy to loosen up . Some of our operators and forklift drivers put it to the test quite often . :grin:

Just checked in the basement . All hardware on the wrench hanger is 1/4-20 . Are you talking about the roll in / lock in nuts and such ?

I've got some of those and frankly I think they suck. Expensive too. They don't make quarter turn stuff for 1/4 20 like they do for the larger 5/16. I was just hoping for something that would hook in and out without the rigamarole of having to completely unscrew the t-nut. Know what I mean?

Then you get the opposite of the $3K import lathe situ, where the shop has some very decent equipment in it and during a casual walk through you tally up $10,000 at low-end prices and the family has been offered $1K to 'clean out this scrap' from a family 'friend'. . . .
A Delta 12" Cabinet saw in mint condition, 20" Planer, Jet Dust collection, 8" Jointer, Old Enco Lathe, etc, etc, etc.
Yep that's some 'scrap'.

Two flights of stairs? The thought of that makes my back ache and knees creak.

C-bag , no 1/4 turns for the 10 series . Just the roll ins and single and double tee's . Looking at the 15s , seems pretty easy to make if you want to spend the time on it .

I picked up a weird contraption made of 15s and there is way more room in the slot than there is with the 10s. There is no room for any kind of nut so just trimming off one of the 10s t-nuts to turn it into a 1/4 turn won't work. Now I wish fate would have made the CL score I got of close to 80' of 10s and tons of hardware and special pieces I got in the deal would have been 15s instead. Oh well.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
you got me thinking Dave(which is ALWAYS a dangerous thing) and with only .010 total clearance, the slot opening was only .260! there's not enough for a drop in nut. So for some reason I'd not thought about bolts I got to doing a search for t-bolts and most of them are only grade 2 and I'd have to do some grinding on them. There's some great ones called Rhombus T-Slot Bolts but only for metric. I also stumbled on to the close to perfect ones that are solar install hardware but only 3/4" long, stainless and too much.

Back