Just a simple lathe chuck key.......

Nice job Brino. When I saw the photo of your chuck key, I almost thought you had taken a picture of one I made a few years ago. It literally looks identical to one I made to loosen and tighten the D1 cam locks on my lathe spindle, but I didn't put in the neat little detent that you did.

Ted

Nice! I've been considering methods to keep the "tommy bar" from falling out of my tap handles. Your detent solution has just risen to the top of the list.

A man after my own heart - been there, done that - bought a good deal I didn't have a use for and then happily spent time cleaning, repairing it and making parts for it.

jack vines

Nice! I've been considering methods to keep the "tommy bar" from falling out of my tap handles. Your detent solution has just risen to the top of the list.
Ditto.

Great job. Love the detent and the hex! I use a cordless drill to reverse my 4 jaws all the time but it's not built in to my keys like you did. A great idea!

What are those detent thingies called?
Are they available somewhere or did you come up with that idea?
Beautiful job?
I was going to post a picture of the one I am making, but....after seeing yours.....Flustered ...... Oh well!!

What are those detent thingies called?
Are they available somewhere or did you come up with that idea?

Well I just call them detent thingies :D

I just pictured what I wanted the part to do and made one to fit.
I did not even sketch this one, just found a reasonably sized spring and made the hole and plunger/button/thingie to work with it.

-brino

Back