Just got hit with a 4.8 earthquake.

Felt here too, did not move an inch, used to earthquakes.

That's the biggest we've had here. The last one which was 2 miles away sounded like a semi rolling over.. This one shook pretty good for NJ.
Gotta go check things, as things were shaking pretty good.
Yep...my sister and BIL live within a few minutes of Pittstown and said things were shaking pretty hard. Their horses were NOT impressed!

That's the biggest we've had here. The last one which was 2 miles away sounded like a semi rolling over.. This one shook pretty good for NJ.
Gotta go check things, as things were shaking pretty good.
We had a 4.8 last night also, on the other side of the country!!
Earthquakes are common here. New Jersey?????

We had a 4.8 last night also, on the other side of the country!!
Earthquakes are common here. New Jersey?????
not at all here.
we've had a few small aftershocks.. nothing really, but the dog is going nuts. It sound like thunder on steroids to him. And with everything shaking, SO IS HE. a big German shedder , big baby.
PXL_20240217_205344221.jpg

4.8??? Ha
We get those before breakfast!
Call me when you see 6.9 or better

4.8??? Ha
We get those before breakfast!
Call me when you see 6.9 or better
I know, you get mudslides, droughts floods, 100 ft of snow, you have to walk to work in your bare feet, take on mountain lions, and grizzlys, deal with sasquatch, horrendous traffic, windmills , fires, gorgeous weather, stupid people, smart people... whackos.. highways that disappear off cliffs, homes that dive into the ocean...

we just get a 4.8 once in my lifetime. and then I have to deal with news on TV , and anchors who ask the stupid question are the police going house to house to check on everyone ... you can't make that up. :bang head:

I know, you get mudslides, droughts floods, 100 ft of snow, you have to walk to work in your bare feet, take on mountain lions, and grizzlys, deal with sasquatch, horrendous traffic, windmills , fires, gorgeous weather, stupid people, smart people... whackos.. highways that disappear off cliffs, homes that dive into the ocean...

we just get a 4.8 once in my lifetime. and then I have to deal with news on TV , and anchors who ask the stupid question are the police going house to house to check on everyone ... you can't make that up. :bang head:
They actually said that on the news? An earthquake in NJ is about as common as a snow storm in LA, so the excitement is understandable, but it would be nice for the news readers to show they have more than two functioning brain cells on occasion.

They actually said that on the news? An earthquake in NJ is about as common as a snow storm in LA, so the excitement is understandable, but it would be nice for the news readers to show they have more than two functioning brain cells on occasion.
yep, I sat down for lunch turned on the news and within one minute turned it off. The idiot actually said that. It was a woman questioning someone on the other end of the line, and I'm like really, you are going to go to every house. The epicenter was rural, and suburban in town.. regardless, someone with a brain would realize what a daunting task that is... and for a 4.8 which was really mild in terms of an earthquake.

Back