Just Ordered A G0704. Let The Fun Begin!

I need to buy the capacitors...just as a precaution. Just forgot to do so when I ordered the parts :(

Capacitors (0.1uF - suckers come in a 100 piece bag!! anyone need any? :eek 2: ) - Ordered
Shielding sleeve (1/4" -Techflex Conductive Plastic Sleeving - Black) - Ordered

Since you've had the DRO for a while ,how does it work? You happy with it?
I'd like to do the same thing but don't have the skills or right equipment to solder it together.

Hey here's a big secret from someone who worked in electronics for many years: The ratty wiring may work just fine. If you tidy it all up it might not work at all! You really need an oscilloscope though to check for unwanted oscillations and power supply noise. Is there an oscilloscope app for tablets? If not there should be.
MS

Nice mill. I have had my G0704 since grizzly came out with it. I also have the Igaging scales. And the x axes power feed. cranking handles gets old quick.

Since you've had the DRO for a while ,how does it work? You happy with it?
I'd like to do the same thing but don't have the skills or right equipment to solder it together.

I have been lazy... well, really busy with work... so the DRO is ready to go but I have not done the install... I did add the capacitors to help with any noise... and also shielded the cables.

Nice mill. I have had my G0704 since grizzly came out with it. I also have the Igaging scales. And the x axes power feed. cranking handles gets old quick.

:eagerness:

I have not used it much, but I already know that I need that x power feed... :)

I think it was only two weeks or so after getting my pm25 that I was on the Griz site ordering that power feed. Cranking the x-axis wheel on long cuts gets old real fast. Not to mention it (power feed) makes for better finishes when cutting in X. :)

One of the Grizzly power feeds fits the PM25 mill? Accessory or replacement part?
MS

Accessory. The G0704 power feed fits my PM25, but I have one of the last of the older, gear driven mills. I don't know if the table is the same on the new version. If it is, it will work. Matt at PM could answer this question for you.

Back