Just ordered a PM1228 need a few compound slide measurements

Bryan40g

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
New member and first time poster. Also first time lathe owner.

So yesterday I ordered my very first lathe a PM1228. Big day for me as I have been waiting years to own one. I am planning to purchase a Pewetools(German co.)
multi fix tool holder for it but I need some measurements and I’m hoping a current owner of a 1228 can provide me these measurements.

Being a German company I’m not sure what size tool holder is comparable in size to an AXA. So after I obtain the measurements from y’all then I’ll contact the company and provide the measurements to see what they suggest. After I convert them to metric.

The measurements I need are in this picture below, minus the power of the drive motor which i already know.

I’d also like to know what the thread pitch is for the hole in the compound slide and the depth of that hole in the event Pete tools needs that info or if I need to specify a length.

Anyhow glad to finely be apart of this club and look forward to talking and learning from y’all.

Attachments

• 1FF3CE56-32D4-4865-9B45-CBDFE6BCBC86.png
    1FF3CE56-32D4-4865-9B45-CBDFE6BCBC86.png
    3.5 MB · Views: 187
I am sorry that I can't offer dimension, but I can offer a WELCOME! to the best hobby machining forum on the internet!

I am sure someone will chime in here soon with some dimensions for you.

I’m curious why you are going with Multifix rather than Aloris or Dorian style. Can you elaborate? I understand the technical differences, and also the fact that the tool holders are more than 2x the price of true Aloris or Dorian brands or more than 10x the cost of Asian equivalents. I have over 25 QCTP tool holders, and it adds up quickly. What’s your thinking here?

I’m not going with the true original Swiss made multifix. That’s way out of my budget. Pewetools is a German outfit that manufactures exact duplicates off the original patent of the original Swiss made tool post.

I own the same axe qctp that PM sells for a Logan lathe at work and it’s ok definitely better than a 4way tool holder but I don’t love it. So I wanted to try this one.

Do you by chance have any of the 1228 measurements I need?

Thanks for the welcoming 7milesup. I appreciate it.

I’m not going with the true original Swiss made multifix. That’s way out of my budget. Pewetools is a German outfit that manufactures exact duplicates off the original patent of the original Swiss made tool post.

I own the same axe qctp that PM sells for a Logan lathe at work and it’s ok definitely better than a 4way tool holder but I don’t love it. So I wanted to try this one.

Do you by chance have any of the 1228 measurements I need?
Yea I’m familiar with Pewetools. Sorry I do not have your measurements. My lathe is PM1340.

I have a PM1228-VF-LB, which I really like.
If the other fellas have not replied I can try to get the measurements in tomorrow morning.

Attachments

• 20200711_111456_resized_1.jpg
    20200711_111456_resized_1.jpg
    205.3 KB · Views: 158
I have a PM1228-VF-LB, which I really like.
If the other fellas have not replied I can try to get the measurements in tomorrow morning.
That would be great. Thanks very much.

Back