"K" recovery and "demand" job skills

I hate paying the high prices. I am not talking about minimum wage. This is not even 10X minimum wage. These guys ask for a lot of money. I once asked what I would get paid if I just waltzed in to do the job. The reply was "$15 per hour, loser!" Where are these $100 to $600 per hour rates coming from, then? That is just too high.

Other costs of business, but yeah, there often does seem to be quite a large discrepancy between what you pay, and what the guy doing the job gets paid. Nothing new here though lots of articles showing the growing pay gulf between the workers and upper management.

That said, we have a tree that needs to be removed, and while I could do it myself, I also consider the cost of falling out of said tree, and the trouble and expense of dealing with ~2000 lbs of green wood. The wife saying "hire someone" may win out, this time.

I've got 3 grand wrapped up into a pine tree over the past 3 months . Only $300 went out to the guy that dropped it properly in the back yard with no damage to anything . He also ground the stump out . The remaining costs were for a 3 ft Husky 395XP saw and new log splitter . I see that as an investment because I definitely will use them up on the wooded 45 acres . I now have 3 years worth of bonfire wood also . :encourage:

My buddy just retired from McCormick spice at 62 YO and makes out quite well on that website . There's more work out there than you can shake a stick at . :grin: I'm on the fence about retiring this April , I need a small nudge . :)

If you can afford it, do it. I cannot count the amount of times guys I worked with were on the fence about retiring until they did it. After that, they only talked about how they should have done it sooner. The only people I know that work for much longer than they have to are the ones that do not want to be at home. If you have worked for many years, it is a big change. However, it will be a change for the better. If you need more of a nudge, let me know.

Back