[4]

K & T Milwaukee Model K #2 Vertical Mill -- $2000 Lathrop, Calif.

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!
D

Deleted member 473

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
Nice ol mill back in it's day. Probably still nice! Only worth what scrap price brings you today. Around 6000 lbs.
I ran one back in my younger years that was a No. 5 size. Very intimidating! I did not like running it! At all!

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
if i only had more space, and more time :bawling:

Ulma Doctor

Infinitely Curious
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
you could resurface 3408 Caterpillar heads all day long in that K&T
i can't imagine the machine flexing very much when cutting, it's made for expedient metal removal as well as being beautiful :congratulate:

D

Deleted member 473

Guest - Please Register!
Guest - Please Register!
you could resurface 3408 Caterpillar heads all day long in that K&T
i can't imagine the machine flexing very much when cutting, it's made for expedient metal removal as well as being beautiful :congratulate:
Exactly! I have a contact in Laredo looking for a mill to face CAT heads on. The head he showed me had to be at least 4 foot long almost foot high. He couldn't understand why he couldn't do that on a Bridgeport clone mill.

Yeah, that No. 5 mill with the long table on it, you could almost face two of them heads on, end to end!

It's 19,000 lbs of mill! And the one I ran had a 50 HP motor running it!

Toolmaker51

Registered
Nice ol mill back in it's day. Probably still nice! Only worth what scrap price brings you today. Around 6000 lbs.
I ran one back in my younger years that was a No. 5 size. Very intimidating! I did not like running it! At all!
Only worth scrap price is misogynistic; there are shops world wide pulling accurate work out of these every day.
Every machine has some degree of intimidation to it; why care's needed enticing it do your bidding.
Anyone says different is not aware, what a few horsepower can do to you.
I'm happiest running big machines, marveling the engineering doing what wimpier machine tools cannot.
Some don't. Working in a machine shop might be the wrong choice for them, if it "doesn't fit their pistol."

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
I saw one of these about a year ago in the Sacramento area. It was clean!
I was intimidated for sure. Watched an older sales video on these back in the day. They are incredible!
Old threads never die.

[6]
[5] [7]