Resolved Keep getting page failures

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
I am getting plenty of page failures. The site doesn't respond. I upgraded my service I am now at 25mb/s and 5mb/s up. when I fail, I can quickly click on another bookmark and that site comes up, and often, HM is still failing.

IS HM on a low quality server, that we are getting overwhelmed?

I also notice that HM is not as active as it was 3 years ago. What happened? Where'd everyone go?

damn, I think it's my isp... I tried resetting my dns.. flushdns

They either have a problem or.... I'm going crazy.. Don't know where you got your IP from, when I looked up the 184 it's not in the dns for HM.
Anyway dns was failing. I think because you eliminated the dash..
connect_fail_nls.jpg

Upvote 0
well, failed to get the page, ping failed at the same time.. ip was correct.
dns lookup during succeeded.

This is not a browser issue. cmd ping is failing, so it's totally a connection related issue.
My ISP won't help me now, because there is an outage with facebook , instagram and the idiots are saying it's related.

I don't think it is related because its been regular. I didn't fail this weekend at my sons house.. but I was working at his place on his house, and surfing very little. And fell asleep early due to the work we did.

Just keeping you in the loop. BUT THIS IS NOT A BROWSER ISSUE.. can't be... ping and ns lookup are also seeing it.
ping_fail_dns_lookup.jpg

Upvote 0
Dabbler dropped the dash on his ping.

EDIT: ping from my terminal results:

ping.png

EDIT: yes, I agree that it is likely your ISP. I agree that it is not a browser issue. Have you tried resetting your router? Sometimes a power cycle is all it takes.

Upvote 0
todays not a good day to work on this... but it seems all my projects for the day are landing in the dump.
I think the facebook issue might be related.. this looks dns or could be major
trace_rt.jpg
down.

Upvote 0
So....dumb question. How are you replying to this thread???

AND yes....FB and IG are down globally. But your problem started Friday, so likely unrelated.

EDIT: trace results from my terminal:

trace.png

Upvote 0
its sporadic.. It takes a lot of tries.
Todays the worst its ever been..
it could be one in between location, it could be a bad routing table

Upvote 0
I don't do any other form of social media, but machinist stuff and you tube, news, music over the internet.

Upvote 0
well after the last post to you, I lost ability until shortly ago to get in. I even tried proxy servers. They threw errors.
damn... this is going to be a tough one.
I'm posting this here just as a record. of a successful route.
After core1.be3 I was unable earlier to get past that hop. So I don't understand why it wasn't re-routing to a working path, but it was only going to border2.ae1 (I'm assuming) and getting stuck with no response from that.
back_working_tracert.jpg

Upvote 0
Lost access today. I was tiling the bathroom, and when I finished, I showered, thought, great I'll relax and catch up here. NO DNS entry.
I tried troubleshooting.. I tried getting in by IP, could not reach here. tracert showed it stopped in the middle.
I decided to try kproxy and hit a proxy server outside the area. By name... fail... by IP it got to the home page. but I could not login, it failed with oops something went wrong.

I don't have time to sit down with my ISP yet. And for them to respond during the problem... well I'm not sure they are ready for that.

Upvote 0
Back