Resolved Keep needing to login

Status
Not open for further replies.

CluelessNewB

Active Resistor
H-M Supporter Gold Member
For the past few days it seems I need to re-login every time I visit the site. This is new behavior, I have the "remain logged in" box checked. Has something changed here or is it something on my end?

Thanks!

Rich

Running Opera on my Win7 box, no problems.
Wiped my tablet (Android) last night, updated Firefox and surfed the site for ~90mins while watching TV.
No problems, it stayed logged in. Still good this afternoon. Haven't had to log back it yet.
Takes over 60 seconds to fully load a page, I'm thinking it's the ads servers that are taking their sweet time to load.
Might just try one of my Linux laptops later today.

Upvote 0
So far so good. (5) OSes, (6) devices - Win7, Win10, Linux 18, Android 4.4.4, and 8.1
I'm focusing on using Firefox as the browser, due to the fact I could quickly drown trying all available browsers.
Still have not picked up friends' iPad.

Upvote 0
From Xenforo:

"If your host has any aggressive caching or load balancing, this could cause a problem if XenForo thinks the users IP changes for whatever reason.

However, most times we find this is a problem with the end user if other members are finding the site working as normal."

Upvote 0
Not resolved, can't be IP changing since I don't have the problem with Firefox. Besides the XenForo software the main difference I see between this site and others is that large amount of advertising on this site and the tracking cookies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are only 2 ads on each main page, one on top and one on the bottom for premium members.
I verified this by logging onto your account.
I had no problems with being logged out.

Upvote 0
I have just changed the settings so that you do not even see the ads at top and bottom. Does that change anything?

Upvote 0
Same problem and I still see 3 ads on Chrome plus more on the bottom of the page.

I do not see them on Firefox.

HM_ads.PNG

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here is what I see on your account:
1517587456348.png

1517587509680.png

No ads whatsoever. Not even one!

All I see are the number markers that I use to show me the ad positions.
This tells me that the issue is DEFINITELY on your end.
The cookies and other data that have saved your group, and determine what you see, and do NOT see, are not enabled properly.
The browser is not recognizing you as a premium member.
Check if you have cookies and scripts enabled.

(Hobby Mac on your account)

Upvote 0
I am admitting defeat, I have tried every setting that I can think of but no change. I reset all browser setting back to default and deleted all cookies. Still the same.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back