Kennametal inserts

Ok i will start to find sone inserts. Should i stick with Kennametal inserts?

An interesting note related to the TPG inserts... I noticed as I was looking at them on our display board a few minutes ago, they list a TPG3205... with a 0.008" tip radius, and a TPG320... with NO nose radius... I wonder how long that sharp tip would last machining inconel?

-Bear

Ok i will start to find sone inserts. Should i stick with Kennametal inserts?

I've been using other brands, sourced from ebay, and haven't had any issues with them. The ones I normally use are the TiN coated, but I have some uncoated ones also.

-Bear

No clue from me lol. I was going to go with a 322 prob if maybe a 321

It depends on what type of machining you are doing... a 321, being a smaller radius will cut easier on a smaller, lower power lathe or cutting harder materials, because there is less tool pressure... but the inserts won't last as long because the heat from the cutting action is concentrated in a smaller area.

The 322 will exert more tool pressure, causing more deflection of the work, but lasts longer because the heat is spread over a larger area.

You might consider getting both and seeing which one works best for you.

I tend to prefer the 321 myself, but I don't take large DOC or run high spindle speeds... my lathes simply won't run very fast...

-Bear

That is something I can't help with... I'm not well versed on the different grades. I normally just use TiN coated inserts... they seem to work for most everything I need to do.

At work we use mostly Kennametal inserts and have learned by trial-and-error what works... grade KC730 works well machining many types of plasma spray... KC5010 works well on inconel... nothing works well on interrupted cuts on inconel... lol!

Maybe someone else will chime in and help you out on the various grades. Sorry...

-Bear

Check out Marty and son. They can help with many of your tooling needs......

Attachments

• 16329277145535264606857801303057.jpg
    16329277145535264606857801303057.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Back