King canada pdm 30

Welcome to H-M.

Have you tried running the motor without the pulley? If it's worse with the belt on, it's possible the pulley was bored off center causing an imbalance and wobble, which could also show up worse when the belts on.

It would also give you the option of trying to find a new pulley vs new motor, if you can't get the vendors to setup.

If it still vibrates without the pulley, then unfortunately it would point to the motor.

Last edited:
The president of King Canada Tools is Howard Richman. Vice President is Peter Kennedy.
I'll bet if you email both of them using combinations of their name @kingcanada.com, tell them your story.
Then email the tech and tell him that you've emailed the president and vice-president. Mention their names.
You will absolutely get a positive response then.
Try these addresses for a start:
Howard.richman@kingcanada.com
HRichman@kingcanada.com
President@kingcanada.com

Repeat the same pattern for Peter Kennedy
:)

Last edited:
Can't find the site, thought I had it bookmarked, but out there some where is a corporate tracker that lists email addresses for most large companies.
Couple of years ago I ordered a Bose portable speaker through E-Bay. Order got buggered up, could get no where. Through that site I got the address of Bose's head of marketing, instant response, had the speaker in 2 days.

Greg

Thanks I am at the point I will fix it myself but I will remember that's why I came on here to put people aware Don,t get me wrong I also have 12x36 gear drive KC lathe very happay.The quality between my lathe and mill is a leap of difference.

b
Welcome to H-M.

Have you tried running the motor without the pulley? If it's worse with the belt on, it's possible the pulley was bored off center causing an imbalance and wobble, which could also show up worse when the belts on.

It would also give you the option of trying to find a new pulley vs new motor, if you can't get the vendors to setup.
The president of King Canada Tools is Howard Richman. Vice President is Peter Kennedy.
I'll bet if you email both of them using combinations of their name @kingcanada.com, tell them your story.
Then email the tech and tell him that you've emailed the president and vice-president. Mention their names.
HRichman@kingcanada.com
President@kingcanada.com

If it still vibrates without the pulley, then unfortunately it would point to the motor.
Thanks the vibration are the same without the pulley the run out on the pulley is 1.5 th and the shaft is at 1th I am checking into the centrifugal switch after that it will have to be winding
HRichman@kingcanada.com
President@kingcanada.com

Thanks I will try those contact on monday

If you paid by credit card they have your back, at least that's been my experience here in the states. You can get your money back.
You shouldn't have to accept a poor quality product.
-M

Last edited:
Thank you I did pay with a credit card thanks I will use it in my defence because their tech guy is acting more like a insurance adjuster than a mechanical smart type Gilbert

Thank you I did pay with a credit card thanks I will use it in my defence because their tech guy is acting more like a insurance adjuster than a mechanical smart type Gilbert

That is very a very sad customer experience you are having. I am sorry.

I have just been thinking of an upgrade from my Southbend 9" and looking at the King Canada offerings in the 14" range....... but maybe I should hold off!

Brian

EDIT: I have nothing but respect for my local dealer. I would trust him to push back with King Canada on my behalf...... but I like him and would not want to put him thru that too.

That is very a very sad customer experience you are having. I am sorry.

I have just been thinking of an upgrade from my Southbend 9" and looking at the King Canada offerings in the 14" range....... but maybe I should hold off!

Brian

EDIT: I have nothing but respect for my local dealer. I would trust him to push back with King Canada on my behalf...... but I like him and would not want to put him thru that too.
Thank you I also have a new KC 12x36 lathe from last September I am very happy solid and smooth but this pdm30 mill is a different can of worms I know it is not in the same caliber of quality. Gilbert

I have a 12x36 lathe and a 9x42 mill by king never had an issue with either over the last 7 years. Oh, had one hiccup with mill manual but that was solved with one phone call

I have a 12x36 lathe and a 9x42 mill by king never had an issue with either over the last 7 years. Oh, had one hiccup with mill manual but that was solved with one phone call
I am no sure what the point is l have a new pdm30 that runs like concrete vibrator I need to fix it and I would never buy it again

Back