Knurling Wheel

Here is my version of the wheel destroyer in process...

Attachments

• IMG_3806.jpg
    IMG_3806.jpg
    644.5 KB · Views: 41
Got everything centered wheels just barely started to rotate on the work piece. Moved the knurler off of the workpice and turned both wheels in a half turn. The screw pitch was .055" so half of that x2 brings us back to a depth of .055" way to much and just destroyed the wheels. Total operator error.
These were the wheels.
Very interesting. I was very careful with the feed my first time. I saw a YouTube video that said no more than 0.015" for the first placement, then 0.003" per pass. The 0.003" can end up being a lot (lots of hard work for the lathe).

Got everything centered wheels just barely started to rotate on the work piece. Moved the knurler off of the workpice and turned both wheels in a half turn. The screw pitch was .055" so half of that x2 brings us back to a depth of .055" way to much and just destroyed the wheels. Total operator error.
These were the wheels.
those are nice wheels. :drool:

BTW enquiring minds still want to know how you totally roached those out?

If you need a few wheels , I'll get them out for shipping cost . I have around 100 or so wasting away .
Pitty SA is so far over the pond,otherwise I would have taken some off your hands.

Back