Kurt sine key. How do these work?

Here's a wild guess: They have a slight radius on them and act like the cylinders on a sine bar. They can tilt the vise in either X or Y axis, then you bolt everything down. Maybe you can do both axes simultaneously.

Humm, they work great (I have 3 of the DX6 vises). The keys are not square, so the can work for two sizes of table slots (they have a few sizes so can cover quite a few slot sizes). There are a number of the round receiver holes in the bottom of the vise so the keys can go in different locations - allow for quickly setting the angle. I have never used that feature, I assume they have it worked out so you’d get some standard angles (perhaps: 0, 15, 30, 45. etc?).

They work great, gets the vise trammed within a thou or so.
Hey Ed . I have slot blocks for my vises . I don't know why they would call these sine keys though . Can you set angles with them or am I missing something ?

Hey Ed . I have slot blocks for my vises . I don't know why they would call these sine keys though . Can you set angles with them or am I missing something ?
There are mounting slots for the keys on the x and y axis of my vise, so it can be mounted either across or inline with the table, So no, I don't think you can use them for angles. Not sure why they are called Sine Keys...

Back