Kurt sine key. How do these work?

Here's a wild guess: They have a slight radius on them and act like the cylinders on a sine bar. They can tilt the vise in either X or Y axis, then you bolt everything down. Maybe you can do both axes simultaneously.
OK?

It looks like I'm not alone on the sine question.
I can see how they would be handy to tram the vise but in all honesty, it only takes a few seconds to do it with a dial test indicator.

I thought this was something I've never seen before ! :big grin: I have these slot blocks for the vises and all fixtures already but made them all for alot less than $52 a pair . When you think sine , you think of angles which has me cornfuzed . :p

Still not clear as to how they might be used.
I think the dimples are for trammel points to measure distance, then you can use SIN to set the angle using... your table slots and gauge blocks, I assume. Seems wonky to me, but it's Kurt, so it must be amazing, right? You can actually use a sine bar in a vise to accomplish the same thing, where the envelope allows, which makes these an unnecessary tool, and I bet that's what's really at the heart of it. No, I didn't look up the price, I know better after looking up hard jaws than to ever ask for the Kurt retail price sheet again.

I would hazard a guess that the riund holes that they fir in may be 10 & 5" apart, which could function (no pun intender) as a sine bar, but how they might be utilized, I don't comprehend, the vise might have to be on it's side to function that way, seems far fetched.

Back