Lagun FTV-2s

Alright guys, I'm thankful for the advice, I'll move up the purchase date from in the near future to soon.
Good luck Dhal . As you know ..................................pics or it didn't happen . :grin:

of course, gotta show it off to someone.

Probably better than expected and since it does not have a Reeves (mechanical) speed adjust it will be more reliable and less costly to maintain. All the ones I have seen had the Reeves drives. Probably run it off a VFD so you have minimal if any belt changes. The DRO is also a very good unit, it is easy to add a quill DRO. Very nice find, if you decide to use a VFD, let me know if you have any questions/need help. Looks like a great mill for the price.

I didn't notice the step pulley drive . Yes , a lot less maintenance for sure . I had a few Encos and still have one in at work . They have the step pulleys and also a 2 sp motor . I like that combo . :)

You wont be disappointed with a good Lagun. I have a FTV1 myself. Parts can be high priced but once you fix what you need you're good for awhile. Good used parts can be had cheaper but you will wait for them to come around. Good luck !

Update on my mill's long journey. Decided to sheetrock, then add a ceiling before I pushed my mill to it's permanent location. That has set me back a couple of months. Then I decided to add FRP behind the mill. Also moved the phase converter motor outside.

Anyway, the mill is in its tentative permanent location and up for opinions. IMG-9533.jpg

I don't know how I missed this thread, I would have help push you towards your decision to buy this machine.

It's cute! It's like my Lagun's scrawny little sister, who is a little light in the head, heavier than most in the chest, and just as good at what she does.

It might be 2500lbs heavier than mill size that I really need but why not....... very close to finally turning this thing on.

Back