Lathe Bed - How It's Made

Those are Kevlar stealth robes, with extra layers in the "important" areas

Those lathes look beautiful. Quite a contrast to the Indian lathe bed…
I bet the casting material is much better in the SunMaster products. The fit and finish is as it should be as well

Well shoot. This Indian lathe manufacturer at least has a concrete floor, good lighting and the employees wear shoes!!
And the machining operations do not have sand/casting material flaking off on to the machine ways etc.

Well shoot. This Indian lathe manufacturer at least has a concrete floor, good lighting and the employees wear shoes!!
And the machining operations do not have sand/casting material flaking off on to the machine ways etc.

They managed to get an ISO 9001 cert in 2015

You know they had to turn in those uniforms after the video was shot!

11:38

1/3 of the bushing boss is missing.

ISO 9000 doesn't mean you are making quality product. Just that you make a consistent product.
Yep, have worked for a couple 9001 companies myself. Used to be a Fair amount of paper work.

Funny did not see any BOM books, daily procedure, maintenance logs, or QA anywhere in the video. 9001 does have root cause problem rectification as part of procedures as well.
The Only thing I saw was the certification on the office wall.

Back