[4]

Lathe DRO

[3]
[10] Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

JimDawson

Global Moderator
Staff member
H-M Platinum Supporter ($50)
You make it look so easy! I would like to try one of those DROs. Please keep us posted on your experiences with it. Can it be ordered online?
Robert
Thank you for the kind words.

Once I get some time on it I'll post an update. I don't really use the lathe that much so it may be awhile.

These are new products for Ditron, it seems that there is no on-line new production products available. There are some earlier products available on both Amazon and Ebay. Might be best to contact Ditron directly, sales@dcoee.com http://www.dcoee.com/

I did not buy a standard ''kit'' I bought the individual pieces (DRO, Mag read heads, Mag Tape) to fit my needs. It is rare that a manufacturer will sell parts that way. I did not want the mounting rails and other hardware as a ready-to-install kit.

brino

Active User
H-M Supporter - Gold Member ($25)
The problem with a DRO on anything is you normally have a choice of looking at the DRO or the work. I want to see both at the same time.:grin: Time to start thinking about that one. Ideas anyone????
Some kinda neural implant, maybe with a blue tooth connection.
Then you could really become one with the machine.
-brino

middle.road

Actively Learning...
Dusting this thread off to ask Jim for an update on how this setup is working out.

JimDawson

Global Moderator
Staff member
Seems to work very well. No problems so far, and very accurate. The only complaint I had was there did not seem to be any way to switch between radius and diameter on the DRO. I wanted diameter, so I just recalibrated the X axis to read 2X, and it worked fine.

middle.road

Actively Learning...
When I tear down my carriage I need to copy you groov(y) modification.

I still have got to come up with something for the mill.

JimDawson

Global Moderator
Staff member
I have almost the same thing on my mill. Using Renishaw read heads on the mill, but the Ditron heads are identical.

[5] [7]