Lathe panel is done. Started my mill VFD control panel. With pics.

Thanks Mikey. That drag tool is the cats meow. Well worth the 40$ price. Before I got that tool, engraving anything less that dead flat was a pain.

I'm absolutely certain, measured the major diameter with a Brown & Sharp caliper, and the pitch with a Starrett gauge.

When I measured and got 1/2-12, I was like huh! I looked for 1/2-12 taps on amazon, and they are cheap and plentiful. But, that size is too oddball for me. Decided to replace those parts with 1/2-13.

Both PM and Grizzly use lots of imperial size fasteners on their stuff. I bought a Grizzly bandsaw a year ago and was surprised to see that all of the nuts/bolts used in the guide rollers were good quality imperial fasteners. I'm guessing Grizzly either swapped out those parts themselves, or that they supply them to the factory making their stuff.
That’s interesting, I don’t think I have ever come across a 1/2-12 thread on a fastener. I learned something new today :)

1/2-12 is standard Whitworth BSW. My old English Smart Brown and Robinson and Whitney table saws all use Whitworth fasteners. india still uses Whitworth but it is pretty rare anywhere else. The thread angle is 55 rather than 60 degree. Dave

I've sometimes run into 1/2-12 fasteners on Chinese equipment. Rumor has it that some/many Chinese are superstitious, and 13 is considered an unlucky number.

1/2-12 is not just Whitworth BSW. There's also a UNS specification:

I've sometimes run into 1/2-12 fasteners on Chinese equipment. Rumor has it that some/many Chinese are superstitious, and 13 is considered an unlucky number.

1/2-12 is not just Whitworth BSW. There's also a UNS specification:

You guys got me doubting myself. I went out and re-checked, thinking maybe it's a m12x2.0.

Nope, diameter is .494", 12.55mm

Back