Lathe stop

The pic looks similar to the one I also saw on one of the post, Not sure what thread it was (I guess I just getting old) But welcome to the site.
The one I saw was the one mentioned where it used a Aloris Double tool holder, It is a nice follow rest and would like to have one, Also saw another post somewhere where someone made the told post holder and built something similar on it. Good luck and people on this site will help all they can to figure out solutions and help to solve thing. So have fun

Reactions: tjb
Welcome to the site, Harrison lathes, very nice machines . Wish I had a couple extra grand for one near me for sale. I like them YUPP.

I like 'em, too! I have an M300 that was pretty beat up, so I got it for dirt cheap. Have spent some money on it and have a lot of sweat equity in it, but I'm still way ahead of the curve overall. Biggest (and last) challenge is to get the tailstock right. It was cracked along the front adjusting screw, so we welded it up. As of right now, it's almost there. Shimmed it some, but it still needs a little more tweaking. Otherwise, it's a very solid machine.

Thanks for responding.

Terry: First, welcome to H-M! You've got a neat name, I like it!! ;)

Second, don't worry, you are doing it correctly, but tozguy hasn't seen your reply yet as he is currently off line. Once he sees it, he will respond. He is a very active member here, so you can count on getting a response from him when he logs in again. I cannot answer for him as to what kind of lathe that is, but I would bet that the tool is shop made. I just don't know if tozguy made it himself or not.

Thanks, Terry.

Glad to know there's another Terry out there. I'm guessing you're right on tozguy. That tool is way too creative to be store-bought.

Regards.

The pic looks similar to the one I also saw on one of the post, Not sure what thread it was (I guess I just getting old) But welcome to the site.
The one I saw was the one mentioned where it used a Aloris Double tool holder, It is a nice follow rest and would like to have one, Also saw another post somewhere where someone made the told post holder and built something similar on it. Good luck and people on this site will help all they can to figure out solutions and help to solve thing. So have fun
Thanks, KVT. Sounds like at least three of us remember seeing it mounted on an Aloris tool holder. I'm betting someone will find it.

Thanks again,
Terry

That's not the one I saw, but it's the same idea. Did you make it?
Sorry about not getting back sooner. I did not take that picture.
That picture was gleaned off a thread a while ago because I want to make one eventually.
The lathe in the picture looks similar to mine from what I can see but mine is a Craftex CT043N 12x36.

I have been trying to find the threads about turning long thin work where there are more pictures of different set ups, some with rollers.
Stay tuned.

Reactions: tjb
I found the thread I was looking for. I passed this before since I did not see the pictures I had seen earlier.

http://hobby-machinist.com/threads/deal-with-this.58285/
The pictures are in a link in post #17

http://www.frets.com/HomeShopTech/Tooling/MiniFollower/minifollower.html
This may not be what you are looking for, but it is what came to my mind.

That's exactly what I was searching for, Dave. I, too, remembered seeing it but couldn't remember where.

Thanks for the great detective work!

Terry

Sorry about not getting back sooner. I did not take that picture.
That picture was gleaned off a thread a while ago because I want to make one eventually.
The lathe in the picture looks similar to mine from what I can see but mine is a Craftex CT043N 12x36.

I have been trying to find the threads about turning long thin work where there are more pictures of different set ups, some with rollers.
Stay tuned.

Thanks, Tozguy. That's a nice design for a follower. As you note in your next post, Dave did indeed find the one I had seen before. Both are very nice. I'll need to study them both before making one.

I'm not familiar with a Craftex lathe, but the one in that picture looks pretty close to identical to my Harrison M300. It's a mighty stout lathe out of the UK but, curiously, there doesn't seem to be many around for sale. I get the impression from folks I've corresponded with that when you get one, you hang on to it for a long time. Still doing a little tweaking on mine, but no doubt, it's a very solid little machine.

Thanks again for your search and follow-up. Very helpful info.

Regards,
Terry

There is one floating around some where that was mounted to the threaded hole on the tail stock side of an Aloris tool post. I had it book marked but that laptop died. :bawling:

Back