Lathe with the headstock on the right?

I saw that posting a day or so ago and I had to do a double take until I saw the lettering on the wall.

The lettering is being reflected by a mirror, the lettering is on the other wall

All but the 2nd image are mirrored. If you you look at the second, it is correct as shown by the gearing chart. Now look at the shape of the cover and look at the cover in the third image. It is reversed, indicating a mirror image. This matches the 1st, 4th, and 5th image showing that they are reversed as well. Finally, the musical scale in the 5th image is reversed.

My smart phone has the capability of taking either regular or mirror images.

The picture showing the gear chart is the only one that is correct. You can tell by the tumbler handle that all the rest are flipped.

RJ got there first!

Just my stile it’s a lefty, I’m going amberdexterous ? o_O

I'm left-handed and I don't believe that I could even operate it even if they were offered that way.

I have an Australian version of the SB9A (Hercus) and it isn't right-hand-drive. Interesting that they flipped 3/4 of the photos.

I also have an Australian-made snow blower. Wut up wit dat?

I guess you really could reverse the head stock and all the other parts . Sure would be eye blinker in a workshop .

Cute pix; some lathes' beds are symmetric; I could make my oldie a left-handed model by repositioning
the jackshaft and flipping the cross slide around. But, it'd be a nasty trick, either the motor would have
to be grow a reverse switch, or I'd need to get left-handed center and twist drills to use the tailstock.
Plus, I'm actually right-handed.

In image 5, the tailstock is sporting what appears to be a left-handed drill. I'm sure the images
are backward; no way anyone would choose to buy lefthanded drill sets when a motor reverse would suffice.

I thought it was interesting that not just one but most of the pics were flipped. They must have been posted by someone who had never used a lathe? Even so, how did they get that way? it's not something that, I think, would happen casually.

Back