LD model LD-1440S

Dhal22

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
This is a lathe I acquired a month or so ago. Lots to post here as I get it up and running.

lathe 1.jpg
lathe 2.jpg

Interesting considering the initial electrical connection was a failure. Here is the phase converter that my electrician installed. It did not work. There was a lot of football to watch Saturday and I didn't want too miss to much, so we'll return again to the problem.

IMG-6740.jpg

Interesting considering the initial electrical connection was a failure. Here is the phase converter that my electrician installed. It did not work. There was a lot of football to watch Saturday and I didn't want too miss to much, so we'll return again to the problem.

View attachment 387678
Could be the generated leg is in the wrong place, try swapping the wires around.

If your lathe happens to have a transformer on two of the three incoming phases to step down a single phase to power pump, lights, etc.... Make sure the manufactured leg in not one of them.

Those units from what I have seen are essentially a static converter, the only digital part of it may be some digital switching of the capacitors for starting. The third leg has no voltage unless the motor is running. So your control system (transformer/contactors) would not work if connected to the static generated line. If it was a VFD, in general they will not operate equipment directly and the PWM outputs will not play well with transformers, coils, electronic circuitry unless you have a Phaseperfect which smooths the third generated leg.

You should be able to hookup power to your DPS and measure 240VACbetween the two pass through terminals, use those to feed the transformer.

Motor rating plate for reference.

1638933849298_IMG-6415.jpg

1638933835696_IMG-6416.jpg

If your lathe happens to have a transformer on two of the three incoming phases to step down a single phase to power pump, lights, etc.... Make sure the manufactured leg in not one of them.

I will look for that. Thx.

Those units from what I have seen are essentially a static converter, the only digital part of it may be some digital switching of the capacitors for starting. The third leg has no voltage unless the motor is running. So your control system (transformer/contactors) would not work if connected to the static generated line. If it was a VFD, in general they will not operate equipment directly and the PWM outputs will not play well with transformers, coils, electronic circuitry unless you have a Phaseperfect which smooths the third generated leg.

You should be able to hookup power to your DPS and measure 240VACbetween the two pass through terminals, use those to feed the transformer.

I'll hand this off to my electrician........

My electrician replaced the brand new converter but same results. I may go another route. I researching this brand on youtube right now but I don't do electrical.

Back