Learning to dial in a 4-jaw

Being it's a slow night in here …………………….Dave , check out Will's mag chuck ( if he'll post a pic of it ) . These are cool pieces if you could use them . I used them all the time on our cylindrical grinders without an issue . On a lathe , you may have to be gentile with them , but they are useful none the less .

Some more of your $$$$$ we're helping you spend ! :grin:

Being it's a slow night in here …………………….Dave , check out Will's mag chuck ( if he'll post a pic of it ) . These are cool pieces if you could use them . I used them all the time on our cylindrical grinders without an issue . On a lathe , you may have to be gentile with them , but they are useful none the less .

WAIT!!! Before you buy a mag chuck, buy a milling machine! You know, the thing that you don't have room for? If we're going to spend your money let's get serious about it. You see, a mag chuck is a want; a mill is a NEED!!!!!

My bad . I had assumed we had him sold on the mill already . I jumped the gun . :sorry: Dave ! Buy that mill ………………………….then get that mag chuck . :cheer:

Oh, you know I have no problem posting pics to help people spend their money! :big grin: But.....

WAIT!!! Before you buy a mag chuck, buy a milling machine! You know, the thing that you don't have room for? If we're going to spend your money let's get serious about it. You see, a mag chuck is a want; a mill is a NEED!!!!!

As Mike says, a mag chuck for the lathe is definitey a luxury item, can live without even. Mill definitely comes first as well as getting it tooled up.

So I'll just post a link. Up to David if if he want's to make the mistake of looking at it. :D

And don't go clicking on other threads in my projects section. They're pic heavy which is intentional for the purpose of temptation.

:laughing:

Back