Leaving for London Today!!

Janderso

Jeff Anderson
H-M Platinum Supporter
My wife planned this trip over a year ago. With the sprinklers set, doors and windows locked, neighbors keeping an eye on the mail and packages etc. We are off.
15 days in London.
I am a history nut so I plan on visiting the WW2 museums and British history in general.
Bletchley Park,
Churchill war rooms,
British Museum,
National Maritime Museum

We plan on visiting a pub or two.

What else do you suggest?

Sounds like almost as much fun as our group meeting promises to be; wish you could be here for it!
John

Where do you keep the plastic rock or dog poop hiding the spare key to the workshop? Just so we can keep an eye on your stuff for you...of course!

If you're in to vintage aircraft take a trip an hour north to the Imperial War Museum at Duxford, Cambridgeshire. Lots of aircraft from WW1 to the 1960s, including a large hangar devoted to American planes. More than you can see in a day.

In London, St Pauls Cathedral and The Tower of London.

Rob.

My wife planned this trip over a year ago. With the sprinklers set, doors and windows locked, neighbors keeping an eye on the mail and packages etc. We are off.
15 days in London.
I am a history nut so I plan on visiting the WW2 museums and British history in general.
Bletchley Park,
Churchill war rooms,
British Museum,
National Maritime Museum

We plan on visiting a pub or two.

What else do you suggest?
National portrait gallery, TKTS booth in Leicester square for discount theatre tickets in west end, Harrods(especially the food court),Hampton court palace, Westminster cathedral.Enjoy.

Thursford steam museum in norfolk
Kew bridge steam museum just over the bridge from Kew gardens.
shuttle worth collection (aircraft)

15 days in London? I'm jealous!

Lots of good suggestions but I would add the Museum of London. Tremendous depiction of London's history from earliest settlement through the present age.

Just walk the streets and parks. But be ever mindful that you need to look the 'wrong' way when crossing streets. And take a brolly.

If you want an excursion, take the take the train to Paris or Brussels for the day. With the Chunnel, you can be there in a couple hours, spend the day and head back in the evening.

Craig

Back