Let there be slots!

ltlvt

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
Plugging it in. I always have several small devices that I want to plug in while using my milling machines. After overthinking what I was over thinking I decided to KISS. I do not drill holes on machine tools unless absolutely necessary, so I try to use what is there. I still need to add the SOJ cord and the male plug, but the mosquitoes sent me in the house. I think Christmas trees should have TEE slots so women can always have the same place to hang the decorations every year. Who's With me?

A little Delran and a 10/32 screw is all it takes for this project. The threaded hole is already there for the internal ground screw if you so choose to use it. Thanks for stopping by.

Attachments

• IMG_1646.JPG
    IMG_1646.JPG
    423.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1647.JPG
    IMG_1647.JPG
    392.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1648.JPG
    IMG_1648.JPG
    347.1 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1649.JPG
    IMG_1649.JPG
    306.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_1650.JPG
    IMG_1650.JPG
    345.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1651.JPG
    IMG_1651.JPG
    232 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1655.JPG
    IMG_1655.JPG
    372.1 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1656.JPG
    IMG_1656.JPG
    366.4 KB · Views: 41
The Delrin is a good idea for non-critical attachments (ie: non-clamping). I’ll have to remember that (yeah, good luck with that… ;)

-frank

I'm too old to stand on my head, and rotating the picture does not seem to work for me, perhaps the convention in TX is different?
I am anxiously waiting on your recommended solution.

Perhaps you could rotate the receptacle to the conventional position, unless, of course the TX position is standard there --- Perhaps I should consult my good friend in Houston as to what is proper/conventional, she is a civil engineer, but not always CIVIL in every respect ---

Perhaps you could rotate the receptacle to the conventional position, unless, of course the TX position is standard there --- Perhaps I should consult my good friend in Houston as to what is proper/conventional, she is a civil engineer, but not always CIVIL in every respect ---
Your advice is well taken. I will take a picture of the correct receptacle orientation and post it just as soon as I get more film for my camera.

<snip The threaded hole is already there for the internal ground screw if you so choose to use it. Thanks for stopping by.

I like everything about your project except that I'm concerned about the grounding.
Please assure me that the cord will be SOJ3 with the ground wire properly connected at both ends.

PS: I'm not the least bit concerned which way you orient the receptacle.

I like everything about your project except that I'm concerned about the grounding.
Please assure me that the cord will be SOJ3 with the ground wire properly connected at both ends.

PS: I'm not the least bit concerned which way you orient the receptacle.
Yes, sir it is 3 conductor and I always make sure the ground is connected. Even on the antique machines I restore that did not originally have grounds. Most everything now days is plastic so they come with 2 prong plugs but regardless of what the market does I will have a good ground. Thanks for making it a point to use the ground.

Back