Let's build a 4 cylinder

It may be a while before I go on the next cruise as they are getting so expensive and are so packed that there are lines for everything you want to do it just takes the fun away.

I did have a lot of time to think about the model and that I want to try and make a small distributor and use only one ignition module. Small for me is 1 1/2" X 2 1/2" or smaller. It would be completely self contained including the magnets and the hall sensor all in one unit but I think I will wait on that for a while.

Ray

they are getting so expensive and are so packed
There are smaller ships offering different sorts of experiences. A friend went on one to Alaska with a stop in a Russian port. (Before the current Russian stupidity!) He enjoyed it. Other than my time in the Navy I've only been on one cruise, a long time ago to the Bahamas. OK± Overnight trip 3 days using the ship as a hotel, touristy. I've been to more interesting islands. Maybe you would enjoy just flying someplace to get more time there to soak up the local culture & food? Hong Kong was my favorite place, great food, but that was long ago. I spent a few months in Japan and totally enjoyed it. In my 30's I backpacked across Europe for 3 months, on the cheap. Travel is good!

Larry in 2021 I was on some smaller ships that were half full of passengers. I enjoyed those trips very much and the cost was reasonable. Each year since the price has doubled from the previous year and the ships have gotten fuller. Since I am a solo passenger I have to pay double the price and I do understand why but it just isn't worth it anymore. I am sure I will go on another cruise but not right away. Thanks for the comment.

Busy day today as I got all four cylinders roughed out.
IMG_2704.JPG

Drill some holes tomorrow.

Thanks for looking
Ray

I marked the hole locations on the mill using the DROs and drilled the holes on the drill press.
IMG_2709.JPG

Next back to the lathe for some cooling fins and a little shine up.
IMG_2713.JPG

Looking great in their Sunday best shine.
IMG_2715.JPG

Happy dance the holes all lined up. :)
IMG_2720.JPG

I also taped the head bolt holes. The cylinders should now be completely done.

Thanks for looking
Ray

Happy dance the holes all lined up.
I sure know that feeling. As well as the feeling with they Don't line up :(

Love the look of the cylinders Ray. Great job so far.

Thank you Boswell I would have liked to add more fins but the head bolt holes were too close to the outer rim.

Ray

Nice project.
I'm sure you've worked this out but from the picture perspective it looks like there could be interference between the rods and cylinder base as the crank rotates.

It will be close but I do have some options if there is a problem. I could slot the cylinder extension on the top and bottom for the connecting rod.
Thanks for the comment heli_av8tor.

Ray

Back