Lets See Your Shop!

Is that a Datsun 280z?

Cutting oil is my blood.
Hi,
it’s a 68 Triumph GT6, was a late friend’s vintage race car. I bought it from his widow. I got the frame done and painted, piles of extra parts gathered, then my young sons discovered little league, then First Robotics. Restoration halted for a decade.

Hi,
it’s a 68 Triumph GT6, was a late friend’s vintage race car. I bought it from his widow. I got the frame done and painted, piles of extra parts gathered, then my young sons discovered little league, then First Robotics. Restoration halted for a decade.

Hence your name.

Cutting oil is my blood.

Hi,
I crewed for my friends who raced a GT6 in SCCA San Francisco region GT-3. Lots of good times wrenching on that car:cool:

John

Hi,
Yep. Time goes by so fast.

My Small Shop

I thought I'd give folks an idea of what a small shop looks like – 290 SF may sound OK, but as you can see, almost 200 SF is dedicated to utilities, storage & walkways, so there is only a little more than 90 SF of actual work & machine space. I do have my 2" x 42" & 4" x 36" belt sanders in the garage, but on a mobile cart so they only take up 6 SF. You can click on the layout & photos to see them larger:

Shop Layout n Tour.jpg

Photos (from the labelled viewpoints on the floor plan):

Aisle 1
Aisle 1.jpeg

Small Repair Work Desk
Small Repair Desk.jpeg

Mini Lathe Bench
Mini Lathe Bench.jpeg

Mini Mill
Mini Mill.jpeg

Electronics & Vise Bench
Electronics n Vise Bench.jpeg

Band Saws
Band Saws.jpeg

Vacuum Cart
Vacuum Cart.jpeg

Arbor Presses, Model Tools & Hardware
Arbor Presses Model Tools n Hdwe.jpeg

Surface Plate
Surface Plate.jpeg

Aisle 2; I could have skipped this one, but it completes the circle and gives you an idea of how tight things are (and another reason I lost weight last year)
Aisle 2.jpeg

Back