Lets See Your Shop!

sorry for the multiple posts, but I can't figure out how to get the pics in order

DSCN4896.jpg DSCN4973.jpg

it was a job working around the machines instead of just moving them. It gives me a good place to go to get away!

DSCN6521.jpg DSCN6523.jpg DSCN6526.jpg DSCN6528.jpg

I didn't want to re-level everything. Its a light weight, but that Sheldon horizontal still weighs about 1300 lbs. That back wall was real pain to frame, wire, insulate and panel behind that lathe. Now it hardly needs heating or cooling to make tolerable.

be

I started an album called New Shop under construction. I used insulated structural panels and framed the roof. I should used the roof panels as well. I would only need a light bulb to heat it! Still waiting for the bay door and siding to finish the exterior. The walls were up in less than 2 hrs and the complete box done by noon with roof done before 4pm.
It will used to house the lathe, motorcycle etc and snowblower in the winter, which is now.

Now that I've hit 20 posts, let's see if the system will let me post my shop: just ordinary two-car garage. Of course, nobody here would waste a perfectly good
garage by parking a car in it....usual stuff, Grizzly 1031 lathe, 1018 mill, surface grinder, Miller 180sd tig welder, 7 inch bandsaw, etc. :tiphat:

shop4.jpg shop2.jpg shop3.jpg

....usual stuff, Grizzly 1031 lathe, 1018 mill, surface grinder, Miller 180sd tig welder, 7 inch bandsaw:tonguetied:

You guys must have some monster electricity bills with all of that kit:D

....usual stuff, Grizzly 1031 lathe, 1018 mill, surface grinder, Miller 180sd tig welder, 7 inch bandsaw:tonguetied:

You guys must have some monster electricity bills with all of that kit:D

Actually not, it's a hobby shop so it's not in use all day every day...if I forget and leave the lights on (I like a well-lit work area) I feel guilty, but nothing there draws a dreadful amount. And rates are fairly reasonable here.

And now the "metalshop" side. Please also check out the stuff in the Picasa albums linked in my signature, I have some cool stuff there as well like my 24'x36' pole barn and some tractor stuff.View attachment 29994View attachment 29997View attachment 29996View attachment 29992View attachment 29995View attachment 29993

Nicely organized shop Kenny. That Clausing 4900 really brings back memories. The vocational program I attended in high school had them as well as the high school that I taught at. I literally know them inside and out.

Tom

Some pictures of my Logan Lathe it's a 2547VH in it's original paint the chip shield is a piece of sheet copper I had laying around

2547 V2 LH.JPG copper chip  shield.JPG looks  clean.JPG

Back