Lets show them what we Know

I dont have a sherline or unimat, but I have an HF 7X10, can I play with you guys still? I cant do much of anything over about 40 MM, but I can make some really nice, small parts. Been too long out of the shop...again. so I will have to reclean and relube everything again. The humidity in Fla is killing me, and my efforts to control corrosion and rust. But alas, I wouldn;t trade it for even a beaytifull daughter or my toad of a son. But I do have 2 ex wives I will pay to have removed...
Bob

I dont have a sherline or unimat, but I have an HF 7X10, can I play with you guys still? I cant do much of anything over about 40 MM, but I can make some really nice, small parts. Been too long out of the shop...again. so I will have to reclean and relube everything again. The humidity in Fla is killing me, and my efforts to control corrosion and rust. But alas, I wouldn;t trade it for even a beaytifull daughter or my toad of a son. But I do have 2 ex wives I will pay to have removed...
Bob

Why of course you can always play with us Bob. But what's this MM you talk about, are you in to Canons ? Hate to tell ya but here in the Great Republic of Texas we have no Alimony or state income tax, and it's dry here. So come immigrate :)

I too am in Florida. Not only that, I am two blocks from Tampa Bay. I found out quite a while ago that if I cover my cast iron equipment with a flannel sheet, I don't get any rust.

I gotta try that flannel sheet trick, I'm 20 miles miles from the ocean and get plenty rust. :thinking:

I live in Fla. also. Naples. Will have to give flannel sheet a try. Am in the process of doing a little home remodeling. Plans are to turn the large closet in the third bedroom (office) into a mini shop. I have a Sherline 4000 lathe and will be ordering a Sherline mill shortly. I have larger equipment in a shop behind the house but would like to work in the air conditioning when it get too hot or buggy in the shop to be comfortable. Will keep you posted with my progress and I'll try to post pictures if I can figure out how. Roger

Have you guys tried wiping PB Blaster on your machines. For those that don't know it's a spray penetrant sold at most auto parts stores and Home Depot. I know a couple of people down in florida that swear by it to keep there machines from rusting. It displaces moisture and it's more clingy than wd 40.

I asked 32 if we could have some space for the different Table Top Machines. I know there are More of us out there that do Small stuff, As part of another Hobby or due to space restrictions. I my self, race slot cars and about 80% of my Machining is for them. I also am Lumbered with living in a small Apt, so I have no room ADULT sized tools. so let's get talking and sharing.

Hi Rickard,

I am a novice with small table top equipment and am into stationary model steam engines. Here a couple of pics of my workshop and the latest model. (My third actually)
Grasshopper Engine.JPGP1070088.JPG

Grasshopper Engine.JPG P1070088.JPG

Serapis223.jpgSerapis228.jpgSerapis229.jpgSerapis232.jpgSerapis236C.jpgSerapis237.jpgSerapis239.jpgSerapis242J.jpg

Hi Rickard,

I too do small stuff. I have three small lathes. I have a 7x114, a Toyo ML1 50mm swing, and, a Clisby 2.5in swing. I also have a Grizzly G8689 Milling Machine and several other machines.
The above pictures are taken from the ship I am building (for a long time now). It shows some of the stages of the rudder fabrication, i.e., machining of the brass pintles, and gudgeons and pins.

Ray
Morgan Hill, CA

Serapis223.jpg Serapis228.jpg Serapis229.jpg Serapis232.jpg Serapis236C.jpg Serapis237.jpg Serapis239.jpg Serapis242J.jpg

Ray --- That is spectacular shipbuilding.

"Billy G" :thumbsup:

Back