Lies we tell ourselves in the shop

It's pretty tight but I am going to give it just a little more. Snap!

I promise this time I'll keep the new workbench surface clear for actual workbench use...unlike those other 3 over there that have 2 ft high junk piled on top.

I think I'm very close, I just need to machine another .005" to .010" more and it'll be a perfect fit. Crap, now it's too loose, how did that happen...chinese junk lathe.

I'll change the speed and put the belt cover back on after this one quick job.

I promise this time I'll keep the new workbench surface clear for actual workbench use...unlike those other 3 over there that have 2 ft high junk piled on top.
I'll change the speed and put the belt cover back on after this one quick job.

Yeah, right.....the belt cover is on the bottom of the pile on bench number 2........or was it bench number one?

If an important part/tool falls, it will either get hung up somewhere nearly impossible to access before it hits the floor, or it will hit the floor and roll to the most inconvenient to get to place possible.

If an important part/tool falls, it will either get hung up somewhere nearly impossible to access before it hits the floor, or it will hit the floor and roll to the most inconvenient to get to place possible.

As a physicist, I am constantly amazed by how a falling object can violate the laws of physics.

As a physicist, I am constantly amazed by how a falling object can violate the laws of physics.
Last night I was changing the carbide insert in my parting tool. I dropped the Allen wrench I was using. I saw and heard it hit the floor and then it was sucked through a worm hole to an alternate dimension. Never did find it.

Agreed. I think some law of thermodynamics is routinely violated. How can a part fall from 29 inches and end up in a higher location?
My wife says socks in the laundry do the same thing....
Robert

"Boy, i'm never going to repair another one of these" Said over and over.

Back