Lincoln Plasma 20 Cutter Code 11578

They have a small Lincoln plasma that wasn't working when I started. One day when it was slow I took the covers off and didn't see any thing that looked burned. So I went through and tightened all of the connections And removed and reinstalled all of the plugs and wire connections. It is working fine ever since. Don't know if that will help but wouldn't hurt to try.

Thanks again to you all, I got into the bottom side of the main board, and have traced power up to the Bridge rectifier I am going to pull the wire off the connectors, test the bridge rectifier on its own then apply power in and check what is coming out.. Being Sunday today, I am taking time off.. I'll keep you posted when I get back to this project. Other projects are also becoming more of a priority which I have no control on.. Like our temperatures are getting down near the freezing point, which means my underground sprinklers are going to have to be blown out. I also have to "be-head" my wife's rose bushes and prepare them for winter. So if I disappear for a time you have an idea of what I am up to..

Looking at a fuse is not a good test. You must test it for continuity. Been there, done that. You need to test that power is getting to where it needs to get to, systematically. If not, then the question becomes "Why not?" Each well performed test is worth a million expert opinions...

O.K. got back to this set up today. pulled the one lug of the fuse out so I could just check the fuse... It is fine.. I am running up against a brick wall in trying to find either schematic or a Technicians check sheet. I had a local welding supply shop thought he could get me one but he also comes up empty handed.

Is there anyone reading this that could email me a copy.?

I have no power coming up to the bridge rectifier...I have no lights on the control panel, the only indication that I have a good plug in connection, I have light in the Power ON switch. My air is set for 70 psi. I'm plugged in to 110 power with 15 amp breaker. I do not have any air passing through when I press the trigger on the gun. Does any of this give any further indications.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
IMG_20151105_102956022.jpg IMG_20151105_102332467.jpg IMG_20151105_102133612.jpg IMG_20151105_102218884.jpg I am attaching a few pictures, to see if you can spot anything that might give us a clue.. Remember I got this after a ? Technician ? looked at it.. It was not really put back together, like all the spare screws and things were in a plastic bag. I am wondering if the wires are maybe in some of the wrong places. IMG_20151105_102040021.jpg

Back