Little machine shop universal kit

Trust me i am not set magnetic. :) I just need easy right now and that was the easiest to install. If i had more time to do research i would get glass scales. I just cannot find a vendor that i trust to deliver the scales i need in the three weeks that i would like to have them. I got burnt out doing research the last few days and gave up to the easy button of having PM install them for me. As long as my $900 is not a waste like i almost did then i am fine with this solution. Again, Thank You! You guys are awesome.
I would suggest the PM DRO and try it for a while before replacing the display. I know everyone like the touch DRO but I am very happy with the Factory installed DRO that came with my mill.

Trust me i am not set magnetic. :) I just need easy right now and that was the easiest to install. If i had more time to do research i would get glass scales. I just cannot find a vendor that i trust to deliver the scales i need in the three weeks that i would like to have them. I got burnt out doing research the last few days and gave up to the easy button of having PM install them for me. As long as my $900 is not a waste like i almost did then i am fine with this solution. Again, Thank You! You guys are awesome.
Fair enough.
Not sure if this is the case for your mill, but for my PM-935 they wanted extra $450 for the installation.
But, this is very good DRO setup.

Fair enough.
Not sure if this is the case for your mill, but for my PM-935 they wanted extra $450 for the installation.
But, not this is very good DRO setup.
They are giving installation and the bracket package as part of the price of the DRO. I have a feeling they must have all of the holes in the castings for their mounting brackets so it is easy to install. Your 935 must not have the holes and mounting ready to go.

On a reasonable sized mill, there should be lots of room for glass scales. They are reasonably priced from AliExpress, especially for the 5um scales. Having installed a roll your own DRO on my lathe, I would think a mill installation would be pretty easy. If it was me, I'd skip adding the DRO from PM and simply install your own glass scales and go straight to TouchDRO.
Same, it’s not that hard to mount them correctly.

My install took forever, even though it was simple, due to using small full size glass scales on a mini mill, but that was a “ME” thing.

Cost, features, capabilities (RPM on a stand alone system?) can’t beat it.

Back