Looking for a grizzly or Precision Matthews Coupon

thorsanvil

Registered
Registered
Basically I am investigating for the purchase of a mill , and I am looking for a coupon. for either grizzly or Precision mathews

Can anyone point me in that direction?

You will be looking for a long time, don't think they exist.:lmao::roflmao::panic::LOL::allgood:

+1 Neather one has coupons. If you live near a grizzly thay do have a scratch and dent section.

I just received a 10% off of entire order coupon for Grizzly. the code is 14MAQNRA2. This is good for March 7th thru March 21st 2014.

I just posted on you other thread there Kansas. I just ordered a 0755 today along with a bunch of supporting stuff. They told me they were out of stock until June 13, 2014 which works just fine for me. Give me time to get my lathe setup, that is if they shipped me the stand today, and get situated before it gets here. Also give me a chance to learn how to use the lathe a little. I've never used either one before. I jumped in with both feet. Wish me luck. :)
Wish I'd seen that discount code before I ordered to. :(
Best,
Houston

I just posted on you other thread there Kansas. I just ordered a 0755 today along with a bunch of supporting stuff. They told me they were out of stock until June 13, 2014 which works just fine for me. Give me time to get my lathe setup, that is if they shipped me the stand today, and get situated before it gets here. Also give me a chance to learn how to use the lathe a little. I've never used either one before. I jumped in with both feet. Wish me luck. :)
Wish I'd seen that discount code before I ordered to. :(
Best,
Houston

Consider it a blessing that you wont get both at the same time. Seriously man, taking-on 2 machines is a big learning curve. When I got back into metalworking I started with a lathe and evolved through a couple different ones before I got outfitted with a mill. For me, this was a good way to get back into the swing of things.

As for order fulfillment, I recently found that almost every machine distributor is hurt'n. Many distributors are finding serious delays with even the big name, high end equipment. And we're not talking 2-4 week delays... Distributor re-orders for Sharp, Clausing, Fanuc etc are running 6 or more months out. Some distributors have small supplies in warehouses and then they will wait in line like everyone else. Matt at Precision Matthews has some stock of popular mills and 1440's and his 1236 and 1340's are due to arrive very soon but some machines he's still waiting for. The distributors can only say sorry to the customer and wait in line.

Ray

I just received a 10% off of entire order coupon for Grizzly. the code is 14MAQNRA2. This is good for March 7th thru March 21st 2014.

Sure wish they had sent me that coupon before I ordered my 704 mill. Oh well. Maybe they can issue me a credit or something.

Well Ray, You must have some kind of karma! Grizzly cancelled my order because I paid with Paypal and they can't accept Paypal for items that have to be backordered. LOL Boy I'm having a heck of time. Think I'll take your advice and get my lathe up and running and get started making some simple items. Like feet for the stand maybe. I want to buy one of those steam engine castings kits and make some of those. That's what started the whole machining thing with me. Watching youtube videos of people making them seem they always need a milling machine. I'd hate to get started and need one and not have it.
Thanks for the advice.
Best,
Houston

Well Ray, You must have some kind of karma! Grizzly cancelled my order because I paid with Paypal and they can't accept Paypal for items that have to be backordered. LOL Boy I'm having a heck of time. Think I'll take your advice and get my lathe up and running and get started making some simple items. Like feet for the stand maybe. I want to buy one of those steam engine castings kits and make some of those. That's what started the whole machining thing with me. Watching youtube videos of people making them seem they always need a milling machine. I'd hate to get started and need one and not have it.
Thanks for the advice.
Best,
Houston

Sooner or later, you'll need/want a mill. You'll have round things all over the place and soon find-out they need strategically located flat spots -and mill does a fine job in that department.

... PayPal is a pain in the butt for vendors; so is Discover because they want 4% from the vendor to accept the card. I won't take PayPal and only take Discover for low-dollar items.

Ray

Hey Ray,
I was looking at the PM45 online and it looks almost identical to the 0755. I see hat PM offers a power spindle downfeed kit for under $300. Do you think that kit would work on the 0755 ? The pictures on PM show two different views of a 45, looks like one with power down and one without. The one without is identical.
That CNC machine you built sure is sweet. I'd think you could make a few bucks with that. It sounds as though you know what you're doing with it. Good luck with it.
Best,
Houston

Back