Looking for a grizzly or Precision Matthews Coupon

Hey Ray,
I was looking at the PM45 online and it looks almost identical to the 0755. I see hat PM offers a power spindle downfeed kit for under $300. Do you think that kit would work on the 0755 ? The pictures on PM show two different views of a 45, looks like one with power down and one without. The one without is identical.
That CNC machine you built sure is sweet. I'd think you could make a few bucks with that. It sounds as though you know what you're doing with it. Good luck with it.
Best,
Houston

Hi Houston...

The PM45 and 932 are very similar with the exception of minor casting changes to accommodate power table feed or power head (Z-azis).

The power down-feed is a different type of mechanism. It does not raise the head up/down; it automatically powers the spindle for automated drilling and boring operations. Unfortunately, it's not a kit because there are differences in the holes drilled in the head casting. It's an option that has to be built at the factory.

Ray

Hey Ray,
I've been looking and thinking about th PM932. Looks like it has powered headstock, power quill and power table. It looks to be about identical to the Grizz 0755. Do you think they are willing to deal a little up there?
I see that PM has a better warranty and the quill power feed is available so that's all worth something. Just wondering if you think there might be some wiggle room?
Best,
Houston

Houston,

I'm handling all of Matt's sales and setup support for all the light industrial and hobby class machines and accessories. Matt can no longer handle both sides of the business and when I became suddenly unemployed in January, Matt asked if I could that aspect of his business while he works on expanding the product offering and getting more warehouse space...

Anyhow, please send me a private message...

Ray

PS: Why in the world are you awake at 5:56 AM ?

Back