Looking for a way to boost the Wi-Fi signal when using the RV

We had the same problem for years. We tried half a dozen different signal boosters and finally gave up. The places we were staying at had obsolete equipment which in most cases was at best 3G. Not only that most places didn't have enough ports/band width to accommodate anything but checking email. We broke down a few years ago and purchased Verizon MIFI Jetpack. We use it on the road, and even at the family cottage. Our plan is an older one with 15 gig. It's not the cheapest in the world, but when you're out in the boonies and want some information, or need to contact someone It's always worked.

This is very good info for someone in the WiFi business, I was thinking RV parks would be a great vertical market....

John

There is also whether or not, the camp ground is using something like “Traffic Cop” to control bandwidth.

Old Mud.
You da man dood.
It has great ratings.

Mickri,
Nice boat.

Thanks for the leads guys!

My Dad had a Ford dealership in Lake Tahoe Ca.
He took a 38 foot Bayliner in trade. It had a ten foot beam, twin screws, flying bridge. This would be 1982.
I was dating my wife, dad says, you kids should take the boat out.
Oh man, my wife and I still remember that boat. That night

My Dad had a Ford dealership in Lake Tahoe Ca.
He took a 38 foot Bayliner in trade. It had a ten foot beam, twin screws, flying bridge. This would be 1982.
I was dating my wife, dad says, you kids should take the boat out.
Oh man, my wife and I still remember that boat. That night

Mine was a '98 Maxum, same except 35', I bought in 2000. The sunpad over the front cabin was used day (and night). What wad your dad thinking? :rolleyes:

Take something like @Old Mud shows above and install it in the vent outside on the roof, which, of course should be covered with one of these:
1592961218493.png
I had a 31' trailer from 99-2011 (when a hail storm hit) and I had jerry-rigged an omni-directional receiver that I mounted up there outside on top of the roof and ran the cable to a switch which had CAT5 down to a wireless router.
Have to get it outside of the the Faraday cage known as a 'RV'
Worked at a number of campgrounds from Northern Illinois to Florida over the years until the hail storm claimed it.

This is very good info for someone in the WiFi business, I was thinking RV parks would be a great vertical market....

John
I bet with this COVID 19, people are bypassing air travel and using/buying RV’s. I would bet the next few years we’ll see a sharp uptick in RV travel.

Back