Looking for printable chart for 40:1 dividing head

....and there's a copy right here: <snip>

-brino
I know how old this thread is, but, (Sorry Brino, 2 days ago, I had a question, but the prohibition on members posting links before approval, extends to the link the system copied into my reply from your post...) Support answered my question, and why I couldnt reply... So this is now just a test... (Edit: And it worked!)

Hi @TrollForge ,

Did you get all the answers you needed?

I know that you need to be a paying member to get any files from the "Downloads" section.
Apparently it's to help with server costs. Membership levels and prices are here:
https://www.hobby-machinist.com/thr...p-levels-permissions-and-site-features.81683/
For $10 for a year you can get Silver membership with downloads, no ads, and more.

If don't want to or can't join that's fine too, we will still try to help you.
Are you still looking for a 40:1 table?

-brino

Hi @TrollForge ,

Did you get all the answers you needed?

I know that you need to be a paying member to get any files from the "Downloads" section.
Apparently it's to help with server costs. Membership levels and prices are here:
https://www.hobby-machinist.com/thr...p-levels-permissions-and-site-features.81683/
For $10 for a year you can get Silver membership with downloads, no ads, and more.

If don't want to or can't join that's fine too, we will still try to help you.
Are you still looking for a 40:1 table?

-brino
Thanks, but, no, I found one on another site. I'm thinking of trying to build one once I get my lather all sorted out... ;)
Hey you are in Almonte? I used to live of grid, just north west of the Burnt Lands... and we used to do our laundry in Almonte... but that was about 30 years ago... I'm half way between Ottawa and Montreal on the old highway now!

Yep, we are just outside Almonte to the west, arrived in the area ~27 years ago.
Your distant link to Almonte is neat, Burnt Lands is a beautiful area, and some of it is a provincial park now:
https://www.ontarioparks.com/park/burntlands/maps

And yep I saw that you were in Plantagenet and knew where that is.

-brino

We just bought a Velvor from aliexpress, 6 inch with tail stock and 3 plates, looks exactly like the grizzley in the lik above.

My instructions are lacking, made in China where the griz is Taiwan.

Was 395 shipped

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

We just bought a Velvor from aliexpress, 6 inch with tail stock and 3 plates, looks exactly like the grizzley i<snip>
While I appreciate, that, that is a great savings over the $590/650 for the Grizzly G1053/G1054 dividing head, I could just as easily order all the change gears I need from Reliance, or Boston Gear, and just have to Face them down to thickness, and make bushings, for half that cost, or buy a 3D printer and Nylon filament, (Since Mr Pete has already proved that will work for the much larger, more powerful Logan/Atlas lathes) at about the same cost, without the hassle of trying to scale down a "premade for a mill" to work on a lathe mill adapter...
Still... I don't get why, when anyone posts their intent to make a tool to suit their specific needs, there are always more replies saying ~"don't bother, buy this instead", than there are replies saying ~"cool project! Post lots of pics!"
This is a forum for makers, not for tool shopping, isn't it?
<EDIT:> @tq60 , my intention here was not to diss you, if this were a customer job, I would not think twice about adding a "Retooling Charge" to the bill to cover a dividing head...

Last edited:
Back