Losing my friend.

Sorry to hear this Peyton , I know how it feels as we've had to do this many times . We just had to put our 4rth and last cat down last week after 17 years . My avatar got hit by a car 8 years ago and died in my arms and we still miss her every day after all these years . We now have three Shelties , two of which are Roxy's nephews .

I feel ya. My little girl Willow was 13 years old. Was losing ability to walk. We took her in for an MRI and she arrested on the table a few weeks ago. Didn't even get to say bye. I had to stop coming here for awhile as I just was too destroyed. People say they are "like" our children. Nope. I straight up lost my daughter...no "like" about it. They live such sort lives. Good luck bro.

My last Lab lived a long life (14.5) years. When his time up was obvious his last few months were full of hamburger and fried chicken suppers, hotdog and corndog lunches and ice cream desserts. I joked more than once he held on longer than he should have just for the people food.

Sorry for your lose Peyton. Great looking dog, even in old age. Mine was a blue heeler, rot mix. still miss him after all these years. Mike

My dog Cali was 16 and a half years old. she was put down today. her heart couldn't keep up with her and she has bad arthritis. she could barely support her own weight and fell down. we had her outside today for hours and she loved it. the vet said she lived 2 weeks longer than she should have.
Peyton:

So sorry for your loss. We are dog owners also, so we can imagine how this feels.

Cali lived to 16 1/2. That says a lot about her life and about the care, feeding, and loving you and your family provided, and that she returned.

I would imagine she enjoyed her life fully, to include her very last days - thanks to you.

Bill

Last edited:
she had a cough for weeks from the kennel she throws up from her medicine and on the third day of her not being able to walk, we had her put down. she had many hamburgers and popcorn chicken.

The healers are wonderful creatures. We have a 15yo red. She really struggles getting up and down. I know her time is limited. I really feel for you. You dont want to do it too soon or too late. It is a hard decision.

she was a blue cattle dog. they look close to a healer. My cousin had a cattle dog that got ran over 3 times and it lived to 21 years old! Cali went down fast. but she loved her last days.

Back