Low cost insulin for diabetics

Sorry, but the health care situation in the USA is ridiculous:

Craig

The Michael Moore doco on the subject was an eye opener assuming it was true which from my experience in a few of those countries it was.

I'm diabetic and I buy my insulin at WALMART Pharmacy for $25.00 for a 100 unit/ml glass vial. The price for long acting and short is the same. It is amazing you do not need a prescription to buy it either. I stopped buying Part D insurance as the insulin and generic meds I get are cheaper then the non generic. With my Co-Pay with insurance I paid $500.00 for 30 pens and when the doughnut hole kicked in I had to pay $1400.00 for insulin. I now pay approx 100.00 a month for the long lasting a 50.00 a month for the fast acting. It seems to work better too...less hot flashes...lol
What did you have to do to get insulin @ WalMart that cheap?

Better hope that you will not need an EpiPen as well.

The Pharmacist at CVS told me she thought Walmart had there own insulin. I called there and they told me they did, it was called Novolin. I called my MD to change the prescription for Novolin N & R,,,,called Walmart Pharmacy and they said I could buy it with-out prescription for less money then with one. (what a deal) Just I needed to know what dosage the MD recommended. If they used a DR Prescription it was 3 or 4 dollars more I think, probably more paperwork. I knew my dosage...so I drove over and bought 4 vials of N and 2 vials of R at the Pharmacy counter without a prescription. I have to give myself shots again, no problem if I can save thousands of dollars. I did ask CVS if they could get it, but it was over 130.00 from them. So Walmart is getting my business.

Back