Low cost slim glass scale

ycroosh you are the best, even if you don't let us hy-jack your threads lol
on a related note is there any reason that i could not mount the read head fixed and attach one end of the glass scale part to the moving part of my machine only on one end leaving it free to swivel, constrained to only swivel relative to the attachment point not the read head? the read head would serve to constrain the scale body as it moved back and forth.
also i got my sample in and here is a photo of the read head.
i pulled this off of their website
The problem is that the head is coupled to the frame via a flexible spring (look a the second photo here: https://www.touchdro.com/resources/scales/glass/overview.html), so the scale will literally dangle and vibrate. It might work for some value of work, but I don't think it will live long that way.

Also, I'm not super upset about hijacked threads. It just gets confusing when the two conversations are interleaved... You're welcome to hijack inactive threads to your heart's contend :)

The problem is that the head is coupled to the frame via a flexible spring (look a the second photo here: https://www.touchdro.com/resources/scales/glass/overview.html), so the scale will literally dangle and vibrate. It might work for some value of work, but I don't think it will live long that way.

Also, I'm not super upset about hijacked threads. It just gets confusing when the two conversations are interleaved... You're welcome to hijack inactive threads to your heart's contend :)
thanks for the info, as to the hy-jack you came across that way (not upset but mater of fact and business like) so no worries, it does not stop me from making fun of it lol

This is the board that I ordered with the pinouts.

Adapter for Glass and Magnetic ScalesTDA-420 (4 axis + Probe/Tachometer) / Ditron/Aikron/Sino

Main Input Pinout Options​

Four main scale inputs on TouchDRO TDA-400 and TDA-420 use female DB-9 (D-Sub 9) connectors preconfigured for one of the scale peanuts listed in the table below.

Brand123456789
Acu-Rite SENC Scales AA'BB'OV5VRR'
Electronica/EMS, PM MagExact+ZZ'5VShieldGndAA'B'B
Ditron, Sino, Aikron, EassonA'0VB'ShieldR'/Z'A+5VBR/Z
VevorA'0VB' Z'A5VBZ
Generic Chinese Scales 0V A5VBR1/Z
For more detailed information plese refer to Supported Optical and Magnetic DRO Scales

This is the board that I ordered with the pinouts.

Adapter for Glass and Magnetic ScalesTDA-420 (4 axis + Probe/Tachometer) / Ditron/Aikron/Sino

Main Input Pinout Options​

Four main scale inputs on TouchDRO TDA-400 and TDA-420 use female DB-9 (D-Sub 9) connectors preconfigured for one of the scale peanuts listed in the table below.

Brand123456789
Acu-Rite SENC ScalesAA'BB'OV5VRR'
Electronica/EMS, PM MagExact+ZZ'5VShieldGndAA'B'B
Ditron, Sino, Aikron, EassonA'0VB'ShieldR'/Z'A+5VBR/Z
VevorA'0VB'Z'A5VBZ
Generic Chinese Scales0VA5VBR1/Z
For more detailed information plese refer to Supported Optical and Magnetic DRO Scales
Looks like these comply with the generic Chinese scals except 4 is shield I do not think that will matter. I test fitted the scale onto my g0758 (very small grizzly mill) and they will work on the front of the table for the x axis.

I found this on amazon it is almost as small as the Sino KA-200 series and a lot cheaper, i ordered one to test out.
This should plug right in to my new ToAuto DRO display with this pinout, right? I need a smaller 170mm scale for the cross slide vs. what the kit came with.

ToAuto DRO Scale Pinout.jpg

OK, thanks. But I should be able to revise the connector end of one of these scales to match the ToAuto pinout, right?

Back