Machine brokers

Zeb123

Registered
Registered
Does anyone know anything about www.leblondlathe.com? Kinda sorta looking at a Bridgeport from them. They say the put new lead screw nuts check the machine out and put VFD's on them. He said he would set me up with some tooling for 3,900.00 plus shipping from Conn. Oh yea said it be a 32" table. I think I could make that work in my shop as it is a shipping container if I put it against the back wall. What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_9684.jpeg
    IMG_9684.jpeg
    199.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
A 32" table kind of pushes against the idea of having a good sized knee mill. If you can make it work, I would go for one with a larger table. Mike

Mike has a good point but a short table is appealing if room is tight. My Index has a 46” long table and it takes 93” plus room for a hand to operate the hand wheel on each end to accommodate the full travel. OTOH, it is large enough to keep a 6” vise and a 6” Super Spacer mounted almost all of the time. As I get older that super spacer becomes less fun to move. Sorry; no opinion on the dealer.

Never heard of a BP with only a 32" table . The pic shown looks like a 42" maybe but is missing half the machine . That's not the one you're after I hope .

theequipmenthub.com in Stone Mountain, GA is not too far down the road from you. I've bought two pieces of equipment from them and have been very satisfied with both. As far as I know, they are very reputable. And in my experience, they are very easy to deal with. If you go to their website, they usually have a good inventory. And I think they have a satellite office somewhere in NC.

Worth a call if you're not opposed to buying something through a dealer.

Regards

He called me back and offered a Millport shipped for 4,200 do not know model or anything. After looking at the above post, not being able to see the machine I think I will pass.
Wise decision.

Yep, leblondlathe.com, machineinventory.com, machine ads with an 860 phone number and "Ask for Jack" overlaid on a picture of a machine (frequently not even the same kind of machine as in the title). Scam-o-rama Al Babin rides again. Buyer beware or buyer despair.

Back