Machine brokers

Never heard of a BP with only a 32" table . The pic shown looks like a 42" maybe but is missing half the machine . That's not the one you're after I hope .
Last year one of the use equipment dealers I frequent had just unloaded 6 Bridgeports with 32" tables. They were cute, but a bit too small for my taste. They must be popular though. When I went back 2 weeks later, they were all gone.

Last year one of the use equipment dealers I frequent had just unloaded 6 Bridgeports with 32" tables. They were cute, but a bit too small for my taste. They must be popular though. When I went back 2 weeks later, they were all gone.
Were these the old M heads ?

Ive seen a bunch of 32” tables on bridgeports. The one pictured in the first post i don’t think is a 32. It’s also missing a lot of pieces

theequipmenthub.com in Stone Mountain, GA is not too far down the road from you. I've bought two pieces of equipment from them and have been very satisfied with both. As far as I know, they are very reputable. And in my experience, they are very easy to deal with. If you go to their website, they usually have a good inventory. And I think they have a satellite office somewhere in NC.

Worth a call if you're not opposed to buying something through a dealer.

Regards
I am in Alabama and have actually been looking at surface grinders at the equipment hub. They seem to be very reasonable on their pricing too

Reactions: tjb
I am in Alabama and have actually been looking at surface grinders at the equipment hub. They seem to be very reasonable on their pricing too
The last piece of equipment I bought from them - about a year ago - is a Reid surface grinder. Old, but appeared to be in very good condition. Living in Madison, it was a short trip to go look at it. Unsurprisingly, I found it to be exactly like they represented it. Biggest challenge I had was getting it into my shop. Those things are HEAVY! But living on a farm, between myself and neighbors, there's enough heavy equipment around here to get it done.

I got a good price on the machine and have been very satisfied with it. I'm in the process right now re-wiring to more modern components. Below are a couple of pics.

Regards

IMG_2816.jpgIMG_2819.jpg

I almost bought an HBM from the equipment hub. Sales guy was great. Answered all my questions and even got a video of it running for me. Unfortunately, as I was trying to get a machinery mover lined up somebody else bought it. Oh well. First come first served.

The last piece of equipment I bought from them - about a year ago - is a Reid surface grinder. Old, but appeared to be in very good condition. Living in Madison, it was a short trip to go look at it. Unsurprisingly, I found it to be exactly like they represented it. Biggest challenge I had was getting it into my shop. Those things are HEAVY! But living on a farm, between myself and neighbors, there's enough heavy equipment around here to get it done.

I got a good price on the machine and have been very satisfied with it. I'm in the process right now re-wiring to more modern components. Below are a couple of pics.

Regards

View attachment 481348View attachment 481349
Nice looking grinder. I’m looking for something similar

I have heard of Al Babin. Those kinds of scheisters are out there. But not all machinery brokers are bad. There are always risks, even when buying new from an importer. If people aren't intentionally ripping you off, they will usually try to make things right when things go wrong.

Can you fit a full sized knee in your container and still have headroom for skates/pallet jacks/pipes/whatever to move it into place? I worked out of a 40-footer for many years, and reckon it would be a tight fit.

Back