Machine Lube

toolroom

Registered
Registered
I'm having a heck of a time trying to find way oil or machine lube for my small shop. The problem that I run into calling the BIG supply houses (who do not wish to be bothered) is I am not Boeing/Nike/ Large name machine shop, therefore they only carry in 55gal drums.
Where does everyone find smaller quantities of (?) Hangsterfers-Vactra- or other quality way oil or machine oils?
Thanks again for any and all help

I get my vactra at Enco. You can get them in 1 gallon or 5 gallons pails.

I wait for the free shipping offers and buy it then.

MSC Direct or Enco is where I'd look. Order it and it is delivered straight to your door.

Enco is a good source for gallon quantities. The local Chevron distributor also sells 5 gallon pails of Vactra

+1 for free shipping from Enco.
NAPA is the other good place to get oil for the gear head.

Enco has a free freight deal right now for orders of $25 or more:
Enter Promo Code: JANUPS | Offer Ends 1/30/16 at 11:00 PM Eastern Time. Free shipping is limited to UPS ground shipments under 125 lbs.

Many do not realize that MSC Direct runs very generous discounts also. This one is running right now.

160118_SUPER30H_web.png

Many do not realize that MSC Direct runs very generous discounts also. This one is running right now.

View attachment 119755
No real experience with MSC, Randy, other than one botched order that left me unhappy and a fair amount of buying from Enco, who is their subsidiary. When I read all the fine print in the MSC discount disclaimers, it sounds like they can charge you anything they want for any item, regardless of the bold headlines. I want to know the actual deal up front, no game playing. Also, their minimum orders are a bit much for most hobby machine shop orders. Correct me if I am wrong, again, little personal experience with MSC.

I was just denied shopping from ENCO... reason is, I am not a manufacturing facility WITH a TAX ID number!
go figure

Back