Machine Lube

bluechipmachineshop.com is where i get mine for my south bend, small amount google it

BCMS-Logo.png
  • BLOG
  • SHOP
  • MACHINE INFO
  • ABOUT
  • " aria-hidden="true" data-av_icon="" data-av_iconfont="entypo-fontello" style="box-sizing: border-box; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 13px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-style: none; border-top-color: rgb(225, 225, 225); border-right-color: rgb(225, 225, 225); border-bottom-color: rgb(225, 225, 225); font-style: inherit; font-variant: inherit; font-weight: 600; font-stretch: inherit; font-size: 17px; line-height: 65px; font-family: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; outline: 0px; max-width: none; transition: background-color 0.4s ease-in-out, color 0.4s ease-in-out, border-color 0.8s ease-in-out; color: rgb(128, 128, 128); display: block; height: 65px;">

PreviousNext
bott-1-ex.jpg
Long Spout Oil Dispenser Bottles Back in StockJanuary 12, 2016/0 Comments/in Bridgeport /by mick

bott-1-ex.jpg

A while back I had some really nice long spout laboratory wash bottles in the store that made oiling machines a breeze. As luck would have it, my supplier went belly up and took my ready supply of reasonably priced inventory with them. I have been getting quite a few inquiries about what happened to them, and all I could tell people was that I was looking for a replacement. Well I finally found some! The biggest problem was finding a decent enough quality bottle that could be priced well below expensive “laboratory wash bottles”, and after sampling quite a few losers; I finally found a winner.

bottles-002.jpg

These 18 OZ bottles are durable HDPE with semi-rigid spouts. They are chemical resistant, so they can be used for acetone, acid, paint thinners as well as lubricants or cutting oil. Bottom line; these things are as handy as it gets; I’m stoked about having a few more of these things around for my personal use in my shop.

These are available in THREE BOTTLE SETS, because that seems to be the cheapest way to ship them (USPS Priority Flat Rate Padded Envelope).

bottles-004.jpg

BCMS-Logo.png

lathe-way-oils-products-shop.jpg

hot-rod-restoration-55-chevy.jpg

Free-Manuals-and-Videos.jpg

southbend-metal-lathe.jpg

bott-1-ex.jpg

bott-1-ex.jpg

bottles-002.jpg

bottles-004.jpg

BCMS-Logo.png

bott-1-ex.jpg

bott-1-ex.jpg

bottles-002.jpg

bottles-004.jpg

BCMS-Logo.png

bott-1-ex.jpg

bott-1-ex.jpg

bottles-002.jpg

bottles-004.jpg

BCMS-Logo.png

bott-1-ex.jpg

bott-1-ex.jpg

bottles-002.jpg

bottles-004.jpg

BCMS-Logo.png

bott-1-ex.jpg

bott-1-ex.jpg

bottles-002.jpg

bottles-004.jpg

bott-1-ex.jpg

I was just denied shopping from ENCO... reason is, I am not a manufacturing facility WITH a TAX ID number!
go figure
Did you sign up as a business? If so, they will require a tax exempt number.
Just change your profile from business to individual.
If you are operating a business with out a tax id, then you are just paying the price for it. Sucks I know. I ran a purely wholesale business for a while. I just lied and paid some sales tax each year to keep my exempt number. Around here (back then), there was no license for a sole proprietorship that did no retail business.

Pretty sure I have never paid sales tax to Enco anyway.

I'm having a heck of a time trying to find way oil or machine lube for my small shop. The problem that I run into calling the BIG supply houses (who do not wish to be bothered) is I am not Boeing/Nike/ Large name machine shop, therefore they only carry in 55gal drums.
Where does everyone find smaller quantities of (?) Hangsterfers-Vactra- or other quality way oil or machine oils?
Thanks again for any and all help
For way lube, get yourself a bottle of bar and chain oil, it works great.

The shipping sucks, but you can get quarts of Vectra #2 from Amazon. I just looked for jollies. I would go with Enco. They do a lot of free shipping.

Once one uses a quality "way oil" and finds out how slippery it is and that it stays put,and things covered with it don't rust, it gets used a lot. Never go back to WD-40 and products of that ilk for lube or preservation.

For way lube, get yourself a bottle of bar and chain oil, it works great.

Yep. Summer weight bar & Chain oil. Tacky so it stays put. Rust inhibitors. Extreme pressure additives. Made for sliding friction areas!

Been using it for over 30 years, works great.

PS as the OP is in Oregon it is real easy for him to find. Chain saws up here in the Pacific NW are like a guy's right hand. I own at least 12, maybe more.

I will take a photo of a gallon of local Pacific NW bar/chain oil, think it is blended in Oregon.

Stihl 075 with 36 inch bar:

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Thank you all for the great input. I won't use Enco . I thought about using the gear oil, but thought is would be like cold molasses. The same with the bar and chain oil, Big Bore. I had some 15-40 wt. Delo synthetic auto oil and thought what the heck, and used what's left of that. I suppose ANY oil is better than NO oil.
I wipe my ways off of all the dust, bugs and whatever else floats through the air before I get started, Lube it all up again when in use, then again after I'm finished...of course after I remove the chips and fines, so I go through quite a bit.
Thanks again everyone

Last edited:
Edward chain-saw hands???

Back