Machine Lubricants

change gear

Registered
Registered
I recently aquired a used PM 1236 on c list and being fairly green to the world of hobby machining what is the best route for purchasing machine lubricants, 5 gallons or smaller

I have been buying them from Enco when they have free shipping and 20% off. Otherwise the shipping will kill you. Right now Enco has free shipping INCLUDING TRUCK SHIPMENTS AND MACHINERY if you use the code SHIPALL. No 20% along with it at this time, though. Enco does a freight and 20% deal several times a year. You may need to be a good customer for them to send you the code, but there is an ongoing forum here on H-M where you can find the discount codes, and from other suppliers as well.

Edit: By the way, the current shipping deal is for orders over $199.

I agree with Joshua on the spindle oil. You can also get AW32 or AW64 at places like Tractor Supply and farm implement dealers. I only use Enco for the more specialized lubricants like way oil and cutting oil.

Thanks everyone, I would like to change the gearbox and carrage oils in this used 1236 soon, You never know what the previous owners maintainence schedule was like. Larry

Before I place a order what weight way oil is preferred for these PM lathes?

Mobile Vactra 2 = ISO 68 = NAPA AW68 (at a much lower cost).

save the Vactra for the ways, put the NAPA in the gear box.

Back