• PHISHING SCAM attempt TARGETING HOBBY-MACHINIST members. It has been brought to our attention that a pop-up survey is soliciting userfeedback from H-M members. In exchange for survey information, the user is given an opportunity to win a prize if they pay for shipping charges. This is NOT a Hobby Machinist program, survey or contest. DO NOT click through the links. Close your browser immediately and restart your computer. Clear cookies, cache and log back into Hobby Machinist. Again, this is NOT a Hobby Machinist contest or survey - IT IS a PHISHING SCAM attempt to get your credit card information.To close this notification, click the "X" in the top right corner of this box.

Machine shop auction Portland Oregon

Nogoingback

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
The New Coca Cola lamp looks enticing as well. :)

gr8legs

Active User
H-M Platinum Supporter
Memories!

I purchased my first metal lathe (Atlas 12x36) from Russ Carter at that location in about 1974.

I'll have to get on the nostalgia train for a final look-see at the shop as that area of Portland has gone the gentrification route big time.

alloy

I just now had the time to go through the auction catalog. I'm glad I have to work when they have the preview days otherwise I'd drop a fortune there.

I saw Bridgeports, some complete, one not running, and I think 2 with no heads on them, but they have several heads listed separately. Kurt vise swivel bases, tapping heads, you name it.

I don't really need anything there, but that doesn't stop me from drooling over what's available
:geek:

Nogoingback

Are you positive that you can't get that day off?

alloy

I probably could, but my wife is going to have hip replacement surgery and I'm trying to save all my vacation for that.

And like I said there isn't really anything I need. For what I do I have all the machinery and tooling I need.

But, I did find a 64 Chevy carryall for $2500. I may just spend my money on that instead.

Screenshot_20191009-142046_Facebook.jpg

It can take up to an hour for ads to appear on the page. See our code implementation guide for more details. If you already have Auto ad code on your pages there's no need to replace it with this code
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock