Made my first part for a customer!

My suggestion of SS was because I tend to like it, but I have a larger lathe and have not experienced tool hardening.
I in no way was downing this quality of machining. On the other hand is they start to have wear problems, just make a new one. Job security!
I hope you expertise grow into something to make you real happy.
If you enjoy what you do for a living, you will never work a day in your life.
Nelson Collar

My suggestion of SS was because I tend to like it, but I have a larger lathe and have not experienced tool hardening.
I in no way was downing this quality of machining. On the other hand is they start to have wear problems, just make a new one. Job security!
I hope you expertise grow into something to make you real happy.
If you enjoy what you do for a living, you will never work a day in your life.
Nelson Collar
Nelson,

You nailed it, Just make another. I do have a SB 9" that I restored that I'm sure would do SS just fine. The fact is the customer brought me a piece of aluminum rod and said can you make this out of this? That's why I used aluminum to start with. Thanks to all for the praise and comments. I only hope I can do as well on my next project, milling out a head gasket from soft aluminum for a 2cyl antique out board motor. Again my first milling job for a customer. This will have to be all manual control as I don't have CNC on my mill:bitingnails:. Oh well aluminum is cheap and I need the practice. It should be fun. If it ends up to be work I'll just set it aside for another day. I have a rotary table coming so that should make it easier. I will get some pics for you guys when I get started.

Have a great day!

Jim in Pa

buying a pistol for self-defense with this plastic part should call for a replacement part

Back