Making A Mud Motor

100_0889.JPG

Here is the splash plate or cavitaion plate or whatever you want to call it. I guess its suppose to help plain the boat level. Ray

100_0889.JPG

Last edited:
100_0892.JPG

Here is a simple mount I made him to get him going it will move both directions.

100_0892.JPG

100_0894.JPG

I then made a handle bar this will bolt to the bottom of the motor to tip and steer this beast.

100_0894.JPG

100_0893.JPG

Here is another shot I would love to show it too you with the stainless prop on and it bolted to the motor with it all painted up but I gave it to him for testing and he seems to be having so much fun I cant get it back long enough for a photo. Duck season will be over soon then maybe I can get a photo. Thanks for looking. Ray

100_0893.JPG

i admit it took me a moment to figure out what you was building , i worked on a drill rig in my youth and the mud motor is a whole differant beast in a drill .

kudos though , looks like a very nice job . also reminds me why i have never owned a boat

Thanks I think the idea come from Vietnam they use to use or still use this type of outboard in the rice fields or in the southern states where the swamps are shallow I really dont know who was first but we probably had more gas engines in the beginning than Vietnam did. They really do work well in shallow water he sent me a short video I have not seen it since. I gave it to him a week ago and told him to bring it back for pictures he must be having a good time with it. Here is a picture of one. Ray

http://swamprattmudmotors.com/

Last edited:
Looks great. I am not a duck hunter but I have a friend who is an and he bought a duck boat a few years ago that had a mud buddy motor that had a siezed up bearing in the output housing and I had to machine a new houseing and seal surface for it. I had never worked on one before but it was kind of a cool project.

Thanks for posting pics up, cool to see one built start to finish.

Looks great. I am not a duck hunter but I have a friend who is an and he bought a duck boat a few years ago that had a mud buddy motor that had a siezed up bearing in the output housing and I had to machine a new houseing and seal surface for it. I had never worked on one before but it was kind of a cool project.

Thanks for posting pics up, cool to see one built start to finish.

Thanks I never saw one either I will try and get some pictures of the finished unit when he gets done playing with it. Ray

Back