Maryland to Hawaii ?

Hope your not going to block the mill in :)
I've had 15 of these tractors in the driveway and they never slowed progress . ;)

Any news on your end ? My new zero turn took a dump which has kept me busy . Have 2 lawns growing faster than $hit and all I can do is watch . Going back to the " old iron " . They run forever .

Mike, I just spoke with my Hawaiian Air pilot friend who lives on O’ahu and is a fellow woodworker with equipment similar to my own (large panel saw, massive planer & jointer, etc.) all of which had to be “imported” from Delaware. He uses YRC Freight and has been extremely happy with their service. Everything was arranged online at their web site. He also insures the freight separately through this outfit. He estimates a 1,500-2000 pound mill like a Bridgeport would cost $1,500-$2,000, with local delivery extra. He presses the point that the machine must be palletized, bolted to the pallet, wrapped in plastic, and fully crated. This is how my knee mill was packaged: knee fully lowered, head tilted 170°, lag bolted to 4x4's in the pallet, plastic wrapped, full plywood crate. He ended up using the same crate for the RF-45 transit just cut down a bit in height.

A7433B98-D4E8-4D19-8F22-DBB30B45EDF5.jpeg

56900953-88C6-4B29-ADFE-8A336BB43FD2.jpeg

He ended up buying my RF-45 when I moved over to the PM935, and we used the same crate for transit to Hawaii, just cut down slightly in height. This crate weighted just over 1000 pounds and cost about $1200 to ship to O'ahu.

IMG_2289.jpeg

IMG_2291.jpeg
Hope this helps.

Absolutely David, thank you. I have a guy I know flies for Hawaiian too, he might be retired by now, he was the instructor pilot, for the simulators, and pilot. IIRC Rick White/ or Waite.....

Any news on your end ? My new zero turn took a dump which has kept me busy . Have 2 lawns growing faster than $hit and all I can do is watch . Going back to the " old iron " . They run forever .
You need old iron zero turnpm50.JPG

Back