Maryland to Hawaii ?

Maybe hit the PM part of the forum for photos of comparable machines from Matt? We all like showing photos of new acquisitions, gotta be some showing the crating PM uses which has been fairly successful at getting machines to new homes. Maybe even reach out to Matt for some advise on a shipper? With his attention to details, he has probably a short list of reliable as opposed to cheap shippers.

Bruce

Does fastenal ship to Hawaii?

According to my Fastenal dealer, they don't handle anything that heavy. Most of the Fastenal stores only have small forklifts, and many of their trucks are too lightweight, also.

-Bear

Wouldn't it be cost prohibitive?
I am assuming >$2,000-$3,000 to ship??

Definitely needs to be shipped completely enclosed. Reinforced pallet enclosed with 3/4" OSB. Maybe remove the table and head and attach down on the pallet. Center of gravity should be low as possible.

Last edited:
The lathe was 8xx.00 , the DoAll was at a grand for shipping. I spoke to a machine dealer from my automotive website, he's mentioning to drop the knee all the way down on a block of wood, 2x4, and 4x4 bolted pallet just bigger than the machine, and bolt the machine down, no lags, bolts. Making progress on ideas, thank you...

The lathe was 8xx.00 , the DoAll was at a grand for shipping. I spoke to a machine dealer from my automotive website, he's mentioning to drop the knee all the way down on a block of wood, 2x4, and 4x4 bolted pallet just bigger than the machine, and bolt the machine down, no lags, bolts. Making progress on ideas, thank you...
Might be easier moving to Maryland. You may enjoy the Atlantic as much as the Pacific! ;)

Bruce

Good news is I'm picking up a Cub Cadet 1812 tonight ! Swore I was out of restoring them but we all knows how that goes . :big grin: My driveway has been too empty for too long , I'll fill'r back up ! :grin:

Good news is I'm picking up a Cub Cadet 1812 tonight ! Swore I was out of restoring them but we all knows how that goes . :big grin: My driveway has been too empty for too long , I'll fill'r back up ! :grin:
I’ll bite, what do you see in that little thing?
For snow removal?

Most likely an 85 or 86 model which I've done 50 or so in the past . My 1 year old zero turn went to the shop after not running . My entire life I've had back ups for back ups tractors . Last year I sold them all , go figure . :grin: The deal didn't go thru tonight , he got hung up . The 1812 has the Mag engine and not the Command . I like " old iron " .:encourage:

Back