Maximat Compact - gear needed

I print gears for my daughters over volted powerwheels.(6 to 20v)
I have been 3D printing since 09.
20171129_234416.jpg20171201_160037.jpg

A good $400 printer will print to .01mm of accuracy kif set up right. The setting separate the men from the boys for speed and quality.

I would replace it with brass or aluminum myself- can't 3D print those yet

Not yet, but there are other metals which can be 3D printed. A link for reading. Too expensive for home use.

3D metal printing

There are "metal" PLA filaments for normal FDM type 3D printers. These give the look-and-feel of metal but not the strength. Mostly PLA with metal powder. I have not tried these yet. They are typically brittle and can block nozzles.

Metal filaments at PrintedSolid

kio8kikio8kik7u
U6u
ny y mj
Nmb. C fgcggg
Not yet, but there are other metals which can be 3D printed. A link for reading. Too expensive for home use.

3D metal printing

There are "metal" PLA filaments for normal FDM type 3D printers. These give the look-and-feel of metal but not the strength. Mostly PLA with metal powder. I have not tried these yet. They are typically brittle and can block nozzles.

Virtual foundry makes bronze and steel sintering filament.

I'm more of an investment casting type.

Carl, what I would do is contact Emco (https://www.emco-world.us/) and ask if parts for your lathe interchange with other more common Emco lathes. I have not seen a Maximat Standard anywhere in the US but it is very likely that one of the more common lathes imported into the US have identical gearing. As far as I know, only the smaller lathes, 10" and below", had plastic gearing in their gear trains. The Super 11 and V13 have all ground and hardened gears with sacrificial aluminum pins anchoring their lead screws.

Typically, the fit and finish of Emco gearing is pretty precise and, for me, the best option would be to find which gears interchanged with the Maximat Standard and search for it on ebay.

3D metal printing

I have a £275 Prusa I3 Clone bought as a kit with which I print PLA, ABS, Nylon, Acetal and several others.

Sounds like a good idea. I'll reach out. Thank you.

~ Carl

Carl, what I would do is contact Emco (https://www.emco-world.us/) and ask if parts for your lathe interchange with other more common Emco lathes. I have not seen a Maximat Standard anywhere in the US but it is very likely that one of the more common lathes imported into the US have identical gearing. As far as I know, only the smaller lathes, 10" and below", had plastic gearing in their gear trains. The Super 11 and V13 have all ground and hardened gears with sacrificial aluminum pins anchoring their lead screws.

Typically, the fit and finish of Emco gearing is pretty precise and, for me, the best option would be to find which gears interchanged with the Maximat Standard and search for it on ebay.

Back